RCR GT40 #14 Stripe or not???

Ron McCall

Supporter
I would like to get some opinions.
I had originally planned to add a single wide(8" or so) stripe bordered by two small (1/4" or so) white stripes over the top of my car.
Well, tonight a moment of abslute stupidity made it necessary to either add the stripe or repaint the rear clip.( Don't ask.) :(

Should I add the stripe over the rear and roof like the car (chassis 1008) I am closely replicating, continue the stripe over the entire car or repaint the rear clip to have no stripe?

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Attachments

• untitled529 #2.bmp
    142.8 KB · Views: 593

Ron McCall

Supporter
Or something like this?

Attachments

• gt1037cmed (Small).jpg
    gt1037cmed (Small).jpg
    45 KB · Views: 579
Stripeor no stripe?

Hi Ron

I would add the stripe. Particularly if you are replicating a car, add the same stripe. Good luck with your stripe cover up!

Cheers

Jack

Ron Earp

Admin
I really like the car in the image, with no stripe on the front clip. If you do it in this fashion does that mean you have to paint the stripe over the roof and rear clip?

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Ron, I guess you're just human like the rest of us.

I'd go with the stripe for sure. I find that they look a bit naked without, plus, your inspiration car has them also...

Good luck with the cover-up, but if you ask me, it was a sign from above that the car needed stripes!

Ron

Do you plan to add the meatball? If so, then I like the 1008 stripe.
I'm not sure the partial stripe goes well with a "bare" front clip.

MikeD

Ron,

Sorry may have missed this but what is the base colour of the car?
What is your plan on the sills? Are you trying to emulate the pattern down the middle with that on the sill.

Have you considered using a dark pinstripe to contrast things, this seems effective when using a light base colour throughout with a white stripe!!

My opinion is complete the striping front to back......just an opinion like everyone else.

Whatever you decide, I am sure will be effective, follow your instinct!

Steve

Ron McCall

Supporter
Ron: Yes.I would have to paint the stripe on the roof,doors and rear clip.

Bill: No number lights.sorry.

Mark: I kinda feel the same way but I was pretty happy with the way the car turned out without the stripe.I was originally leaning towards the stripe but figured that it would be much easier to add than take it away.

MikeDD: I do not plan to add the meatballs. I'm not so sure about the bare nose either (without the meatball)

srobertson: Sorry,I mistakenly assumed that everyone on her followed the builders forum.Here's a picture of my car how it is now.The color is Windveil Blue (from the '05-'06 Mustang)

Attachments

• 126_2617 (Small).JPG
    126_2617 (Small).JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 520
Last edited:

Ron McCall

Supporter
srobertson said:
Ron,

Have you considered using a dark pinstripe to contrast things, this seems effective when using a light base colour throughout with a white stripe!!

My opinion is complete the striping front to back......just an opinion like everyone else.

Whatever you decide, I am sure will be effective, follow your instinct!

Steve

You mean like this? I was looking at this last night.

Attachments

• 63260-1036-008 (Small).jpg
    63260-1036-008 (Small).jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 455

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Hey Ron,

I'm a little late to the party but I thought your car looked GREAT with the sill stripes only. If you're really in a bind for a decision, I'd bet a vinyl stripe could be had for minimal cost with no commitment. My vote (albeit for your car) would be no stripe.

When I ever get around to mine, I am pretty certain that will be how mine is done (contrasting sill stripes, no center stripe)- unless I pull off the Essex Wire scheme.

CK

Back