RCR40 ford modular motor?

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
I guess this must be impossible for my price range if no one else has done it

I haven't done it but Kennedy makes a ZF to Ford 5.4 bell housing:

Other Adaptions

Note they say "Bellhousing can be made for inverted pattern" and given the "Pantera and Mangusta" the context I suspect they are referring to "GT40 orientation" as "inverted." At least I hope so.

Also I would think Fran would know.

Last edited:
4.6L and 5.4L share the same bell housing pattern so you can use any of the 4.6L engines (2,3,4 V)as well.

I checked that route with Kenedy.
Bret at kenedy stated that bell housing is 3/4 inch shorter than a standard bell housing and takes a special input shaft from RBT to work, RBT has no knowledge of a different input shaft. so far there has been only one modular motor to a zf and it was done for a Chip Foose build, but RBT could not get ahold of Chip to verify anything and the zf transaxle just arrived with standard input shaft today

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
,,,, kenedy stated that bell housing is 3/4 inch shorter than a standard bell housing and takes a special input shaft from RBT to work, RBT has no knowledge of a different input shaft....

I got that kind of response once trying to source a dry sump system for an FE. Turned out when I got the two boss people to talk to each other, the bad news went away, and what I wanted *was* available. Some times you have to be a little pushy and/or ask the question of different people until you get a complete story that makes sense.

IAE, seems strange....why would Kennedy make the bell housing too short? Is it some off-road issue? Even so, couldn't you solve that with a 3/4" spacer?

Back