Rear hub nut removal

I have a standard GTD setup with Granada rear hubs. I am going to need to remove the rear hubs. I have a 41mm socket to fit, but before I start hammering, is there a way of removing them? is the L/H rear a reverse thead (ie undo clockwise) How tight should they be when I put them back on?
Thanks
Simon

Simon, Yea i have a tornado with the same back end and on my car the left hand nut is definately a left hand thread, so carefull. Also these nuts are normally nylocks and ought to be replaced once used but, they are a bugger to source, you might want to lockwire them if you use em again. Not sure of the tightening torque cos my haynes manual got eaten by the rabbit but 200 foot pounds seems to spring to mind. good luck.
Shep.

Simon,

I have a 3/4" drive breaker bar which you can borrow. Put a scaffolding pole on. You can then use the weight of the car to lossen it - but as Shep says make sure you are turning the right way. The GTD also uses Granada hubs and this say 200ft lbs

Simon - borrow a large socket set for this (3/4 inch) as you will break any 1/2 inch fittings you put on this - I think the proper torque is 180 ,bloody tight !
I came close to buying set off ebay as they go for about £25 + delivery.
They are also handed the nyloc plastic colour dictates which side - I have a grey one and a green one about £3 each from ford.

Back