Rear View Mirror SOLVED

Well, that certainly does solve the challenge. In road testing my now dated component system (tested rigged in my Audi) resolution and night glare were major areas of concern. This handles both beautifly.

I'll be looking forward to the release.

Last edited:
I have had my eye on this. I plan to run 2 90degree cameras though. Cameras to be in mid portion of roof facing at a 45degree angle rearwards. The 90 degree cams seem to keep the best perspective, and it may offer a near 180 degree viewing of back and sides of car.
The technology is not really caught up yet on those though. The one you posted looks a lot better. I am holding off on buying parts like this until the end. Technology is getting better every day and prices coming down.

4CH 4.3" TFT LCD Car Rear View Mirror Monitor Dual Screen For Backup Camera DVD

Drone quadcopter FPV cameras are incredible. 650-800 line resolution (or higher). Multi-channel 5.8ghz transmission to a wireless monitor. Many viewing angle options. Adjustable. Low latency. 12V compatible. And cheap. Complete setup, camera/transmitter/wireless monitor, for $100. DVR option for a few bucks more. Check out the drone racing videos. Amazing. Technology has come a long way.

This thread is a bit old now, but I came across another rear view mirror monitor. I'm adding it to this thread to ease future searches.

Boyo VTW73M.

Looks like a mirror, will switch camera views to a side camera triggered by the turn signal and can connect to your Android or iPhone.

I just set it up and really happy with it so far.

Back