Registration

I recently discovered that in Delaware,
replicas are required to meet the regulations
for the model year that they represent.
Unfortunately, I found this out after going
the "create a VIN tag" route. I could have
registered the car as a 2002, with no emissions or bumper repercussions whatsoever.
It would be worthwhile for any guys in the building process to check this out carefully
in their home states. I hope that some of
the other members can take advantage of this.
My car has been on the road for 5 days now,
and I haven't been able to get the smile off my face yet!
BTW, Jim Rosenthal, your e-mail link doesn't
work.

Bill
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

[ May 06, 2002: Message edited by: Bill Bayard ]

Ron Earp

Admin
Congratulations Bill, post some pictures. I need to live up there for registration, NC is not friendly.

R

Most DMV's have become wise to people
undervaluing their cars for registration purposes. They will charge based on NADA
"blue book" value. Wait until they try to look up a GT40! It really had them baffled
in my case. They finally accepted my stated
value, which was just a tiny bit conservative!

Bill

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Years ago my Georgia county put down my "Ferrari" as a "Fiero" and taxed me accordingly. Hate it! cb

The rules in Utah, as I understand them so far are:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Emissions requirements are based on the date of the engine block.
<LI>Safety requirements are based on the year the car represents (not sure about this though)
<LI>Registration fees are based on the actual year of completion (but like all vehicles in Utah, aged-based rather than value-based)
<LI>Sales tax is due at time of registration on the total cost for items on which tax has not already been paid
[/list]

If anyone knows otherwise about these rules, please let me know.

I'm building mine (or rather, having CAV build mine) as a "1965" with a 65 date code 289, the MkI "spare tire cover" (triangular radiator outlets), and original Ford colors from that era (Wimbledon White w/Guardsman Blue stripe).

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bill Bayard:
Most DMV's have become wise to people
undervaluing their cars for registration purposes. They will charge based on NADA
"blue book" value. Wait until they try to look up a GT40! It really had them baffled
in my case. They finally accepted my stated
value, which was just a tiny bit conservative!

Bill

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What? A GT40 sounds like a "1966 Ford two door coupe to me." Works for my "1966 Ford Convertible."

[ May 07, 2002: Message edited by: CCX33911 ]

Back