Remote Oil Filter Flow Direction?

Sometimes I do dump things like installing a Canton Remote Filter and not noteing the flow directions on the ports. Then I go and install the motor and am in the process of doing the final plumbing and realize my problem.

Can anyone using the Canton Remote Filter engine adapter tell me what the ports in and out are? Hold the engine side adapter with the ports facing you so you are identifing them as left and right. Just for good measure, please let me know the same for thye filter side.

Thanks in advance, Peter

JohnC

Missing a few cylinders
Lifetime Supporter
The flow of oil in a filter should be from the outside to the inside. You'll probably have to see which port on the adaptor goes where by blowing through it, etc.

Attachments

• OFc3r.jpg
    OFc3r.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 2,113
Peter,

You did not indicate you are going to install a oil cooler......but.....if by chance you will in the future, you may give some thoughts to how AND WHERE you mount the filter adapter, and where the ports are pointing.....so if you ever add a oil cooler, and need to route your cooler lines from the filter adapter, you are not having to use excessive sharp turns in your routing from the filter adapter to the cooler. Straighter is gooder. Good luck!!!!!

I learned this lesson on my Cobra.

Back