Renault UN1 input shaft spline

Sorry if I am covering old ground but could not find anything in the search.

The input shaft spline on my un1 box seems a bit unusual in the fact that it is 27mm 10 Spline ( 1.062inch)

All the literature seem to point to a different spline.

Can anybody shine any light on this?

thanks

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Robin,
I seem to remember the ford spline being an option with an upgraded one piece input shaft.
What flywheel and clutch diameter do you have?
Mine is the renault spline with a 9-9 1/2" clutch, I got the clutch plate relined when I couldn't find the appropriate replacement. My flywheel is Ford Essex size.

regards
Dave

Robin:
I remember a job we did a number of years ago that had a Chevy motor with a Renault box, and although I had the gearbox out for a bit I never measured the input shaft.
My ZF gearbox is sitting behind a Ford 302, with a Ford motorsports clutch, and I had to use a Chevy disc, 1 1/8 X 10 spline. It all fits and works well but I had to get the disc separately to fit the shaft.
Cheers
Phil

Hi
It was many years ago but if memory serves I had AP build me an Essex V6 competition disc on a Mustang 302 hub. It is 10 spline and the right diameter for the early UN type gearbox but the shape of the splines is different. I have been running it for 15-20 years without problems related to it as far as I know, unless other problems I have are caused by it? I`d take the input shaft to the shop supplying your disc if I were you and make your own judgement, cheers, Kev

Back