Repro VIN/CHASSIS NUMBER PLATES

G

Hopefully, there is still some interest in these items as I'd hate to think I'm going to take it in the shorts for having purchased them. The gal that made the VIN Plates and the Steering Wheel Badges called and said she had enough of the plastic material to make about a dozen or so more badges so I went ahead and ordred them. I also requestd that she mske some more of the VIN Plates. I then contacted my embroadery lady who made me what patches she she could from her remaining stock of backing material.

So, I hsve the following stuff for sale and when it's gone I'm outta the business.

Prices now INCLUDE shipping/packaging.

1 ~ Small 3.5" FORD GT Patches for jackets
$10.00 Each
2 ~ Large 5.5" FORD GT Patches for Seat Backs/Floor Mats ~ $12.00 Each
9 ~ Sets of VIN PLates ~ $15
4 ~ Steering Wheel Badges $17.00
UDATED 25 Jab @ 11:20 CST
I will update remainng quantities periodically and once it hits zero, that's it (except for VIN Plates which I can reorder).

Payment by personal check or PayPal.

Let me know,

Ben

[ January 25, 2003: Message edited by: Ben Miller ]

Ben, I would like a set of the VIN plates and a steering wheel logo. Forgive my ignorance--how do I go about making payment via PayPal?

Thanks--

Done!
smile.gif

It maybe a UK thing but I an very surprised that GT 40 replica owners put counterfeit VIN plates on their cars. Sure we want our cars to be as close to original as possible but false VIN plates are surely illegal. Is there any history of replicas passed off as originals and sold as such? I now this happens with Porsche turbos, which are later modifications rather than factory versions.

Maybe I'm too serious over it but the VIN plate would be about the only item I wouldn't copy.

David

G

I feel no guiltier about using the VIN Plates than I do about using the Ford logo on my side stripes or steering wheel. The state of Oklahoma requires a VIN plate prior to the car being titled so why not make them as real as you may want.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Dave, I think the reason people feel 'okay' about using repro FAV ID plates is that it is generally known that FAV doesn't exist as such anymore, and the cars that have the plates are readily identifiable as later model cars with the (approximate) GT40 shape and not original ones. To be sure, the FAV assets etc WERE acquired by JW Engineering and DO still exist as Safir GT40 LTd, a company that is very much alive and well and actively trading.
While affixing a repro FAV plate may not be strictly honest, I think the fact is that no one's fooling anyone- or trying to- and no one's going to buy one of the modern replicas and think for a moment that it's a vintage car. The modern ones are more comfortable, and in some ways made better.

Hello Ben,
do you still sell those plates? I would be ineterested in buying one.
Gerhard

Chip,

I have answered your e-mail. There are actually two plates the one in question and another dash sized plate. Tey are of my own design based on information received from the GT40 club in the UK. MY price for these plates is $12.00 plus 8% sales tax plus approximately $.94 in postage and mailer costs. This brings the total to $13.90 and allowing a dime fee for gas and misc expenses, I'll send you a set for $14.00 total. The cost includes engraving of yourr VIN Number or you can have them engraved later at your covenience. Please allow a minimum of two weeks for my engraver to get them done.

Ben Miller

[ October 27, 2002: Message edited by: Ben Miller ]

Assuming that Ben has long since disposed of his stock of chassis plates and badges - it was 8 years ago and he said he wouldn't be manufacturing anything - does anyone know of a source for replica FAV plates at this time?

Chris

Chris,
I bought a bunch off Sennecove in 2007 and they were selling off all their stock. I did a post with e-mail. I don't know if they had ford GT 40 Plates. I tried to find their e-mail.
Dave

Chris found the E-mail
Trudy- [email protected]

Last edited:
Back