RF Poll Question

As I read the everyones posts on this forum I wondered how many RF's are complete and how many are still under construction. I also wondered when you thought you would be finished with your cars.

Dan,
There are 8 running RF GT's in the USA and there are eleven kits that are still being constructed. Four of these under construction should be up and running this year.
By the end of 2005 there will be an aditional 10 turnkeys from South Africa delivered to their happy owners. After New Years there will be Five more delivered.
Now if you include Australia I would have to ask Robert as he sells more cars there than he does here. There is also the UK to consider. I know they have purchased several kits and turnkeys lately. RF has also sold several cars to other countries like Germany, chili, and Malaysia.
RF is now on chassis number 140 and it grows everyday.
This will be my last post until Monday. I'm off to the Knott's Berry show in California this weekend. If any of you guys are in the area please stop by for a visit and something cold to drink. My car will be there and Chuck's Gulf RF GT.

Hersh

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Oliver, you just can't help yourself, can you ?

We are waiting for you to post something that is not self-aggrandising or critical of others (mind you, the above post represents a new level of cryptic brevity in the latter category).

Try being nice - just once - it won't kill you & you might actually make some friends.

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
Hi John,

Based on the last posting from Robert on Sept 28th I'm *assuming* roughly the following schedule:

09/28/05 to 10/05/05 Robert wins (I hope) over his hockey opponents

10/12/05 to 11/02/05 Robert is in SA packing the first 4 cars for shipment.

12/02/05 (1 month later) the second batch of 4 are completed

01/02/06 (another month later) the third batch of 4 are completed - my car (#129) is in this batch.

01/23/06 The 3rd batch of 4 arrives at Hershal's in PHX for final inspection and baptism :)

01/30/06 #129 arrives at my house.

These dates are purely based on my interpretation of what has been posted and the info I have received about my car from Hershal. At this point I'm too busy trying to get my Capri back to "track ready" i.e. rolling to worry about this (except if it arrives too soon), so that I have space to put the 40 when it arrives!

Regards,

Al

Ron Earp

Admin
Hey Al,

I think these things are traveling on ship freight to the West Coast. I personally have a fair amount of experience with international shipping and customs - to think a ship freight container will travel from SA, to the West Coast, clear customs, transport to AZ, then transport to IL, all in the space of 28 days is optimistic in the extreme. Particularly near the Christmas holiday season since the packing and final work would have to be done during December. But, it appears that you have plenty to do!

Personally, and don't read anything into this since I don't have any more knowledge than you do, I'm just a pessimist and realist, is that I am expecting my car, #121 if I recall correctly, to be here in March of 2006. I know Robert wants to do them faster but I know he won't let anything go until it is right and there can still be some unforeseen complications before the cars get out. So, I hedge my bet on a longer time, which is okay because I've got race cars coming out of my ears that need sorting before next season!! If it gets here eariler I'm extremely suprised and happy, if it gets here when I expect it then I'm happy - I can't lose!

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Ron,

That's an excellent point - I was wondering how long it would actually take to transport as well. Robert mentioned approximately 3 weeks for the boat trip when I spoke with him at GIR, but I don't think any of this included customs which I have no idea about or experience with.

I also don't know how much prep work Hershal has to do when the cars arrive before they can be sent to their homes. I do know he will be applying my Gulf decals to the car before it ships from AZ, and he is also arranging for transport to IL for me via his preferred carrier (which I checked out here: http://www.stewarttransport.com/)

My current goal is to have it sorted out well enough to run (touring only this year) at Road America by August, so no rush here either. I have to admit though, I wouldn't mind just having it sitting in the garage to look at during the winter!

I hope the chassis numbers skip a few. I am told mine is chassis 150. If Al's math is right I should not see mine until April. I am hoping that some of the chasis numbers are actually for kits being built in Australia otherwise there are a lot of South African cars ahead of me. Hershal's reference to chassis 140 already being built gives me hope.

Jonathan,
You are right. The chassis numbers are assigned in lots of ten. You were the first to get in the 150's which will be all U.S. cars. These numbers cannot be used to determine your build position. I have had two cancellations within the last three months. I have resold those two chassis numbers and they start at the back of the line. This makes it fair for all.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
OK Hersh... with all these delivery timing questions flying... gotta ask... am I still on track for Nov / Dec time frame (Chassis #126)

Thanks, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

John B

Temp Selling Pass
RF orderd turnkey on 6/2/05 RF 116 was told it won't get here until april???. So if you ordered your car after 6/2/05 your delivery is probably will arive ????????.

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Not trying piss people off, But my delivery time is has changed twice! I have am already vested the time. So now I will just wait.

Ron Earp

Admin
Oliver,

Did you take someone's place in line that cancelled? If so I think you go to the back of the line as Hershal stated to be fair to others, otherwise people would sell slots at a premium. If this isn't the case then it'll be a long time before any of the chassis numbers listed in the thread shows up and late 2006 before 150 gets here at 4 per month.

I'm not sure, maybe Robert/Hershal could clear this all up by providing delivery dates based on chassis number so everyone would be straight and there would be no more trying to piece it together based on snipets of information.

Ron

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Yes! I was told that I have taken another place of someone that cancelled. However, That is whay I posted my order date of 6/02/05. I was told that I was the last slot for the Febuary delivery...but it may come earlier according to The RF rep. Now delivery won't be until April according tho the RF rep. So if anybody orderded after me, do the math. Sorry for not being more specific regarding the build #. I don't want to MISLEAD anybody regarding my delivery time.

regards Oliver

Sorry for the delay on an update. I have just been informed that Robert landed in South Africa last night with camera in hand. I too look forward to the news forth coming. The last I heard was that the fiberglassers were pulling parts as fast as possible. I don't know how many complete bodies have been pulled. Many chassis sit awaiting their body to continue. While the bodies are being made more chassis are being built up and kits are being packed awaiting the body parts.
I know all are very anxious to get their cars as soon as possible. When Robert responds I'm sure we all will know more about our cars and when they will be shipped.
I too have purchased a new car and really am looking forward to it's arrival. Because of the delay I have moved my chassis out of the line so as to help speed up delivery times. My chassis is 127. No big deal for me as I have a GT to play with.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back