Rich GT40 mk1 body build

Nice project. Way to go Richard!. I'm looking to go down the same path than you soon. Trying to source the buck files for the MK2 at the moment.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you find/source the files for creating the wooden buck structure?. I'm very interested, thanks!

Nice project. Way to go Richard!. I'm looking to go down the same path than you soon. Trying to source the buck files for the MK2 at the moment.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you find/source the files for creating the wooden buck structure?. I'm very interested, thanks!
Hi Pablo! You can slice 3D model to sections and save sketches with some softwares or use slicer software to do job. You should have a 3D model anyway. Try to compare some models like this https://www.3dcadbrowser.com/3d-model/ford-gt40-mk2-1966, scale
with actual measurements and compare with photos of original MK2.

Hi Pablo! You can slice 3D model to sections and save sketches with some softwares or use slicer software to do job. You should have a 3D model anyway. Try to compare some models like this https://www.3dcadbrowser.com/3d-model/ford-gt40-mk2-1966, scale
with actual measurements and compare with photos of original MK2.

Thank you Richard. I appreciated the input and happy to see someone down the path already, more inspiration fuel for me :).
I'll look into slicing a 3D model and how that happens.

I'll be following your post!. Very interested in how things progress with your project here. Best of luck!

Hey Richard... Do you think you could send the models/files of the wooden cutouts so I could do the same as you. I was already thinking about modeling my own cutouts but saw this thread and was wondering if You'd send the models my way. Thanks.

Hey Richard... Do you think you could send the models/files of the wooden cutouts so I could do the same as you. I was already thinking about modeling my own cutouts but saw this thread and was wondering if You'd send the models my way. Thanks.
Hi. I am currently on hold with my project.
since I dug up the wrong 3d model, it was thickened so that it could be printed with a 3d printer, but now I'm waiting for the correct model, more aligned to the original body. Which will fit the monocoque chassis as well.
one person from this forum works with the model, so to share, you will have to ask him first. But the model is not finished yet, so will have to wait for some timeline.

Back