RIP JESSI COMBS

Neil

Supporter
For those of you who are not familiar with her name, Jessie Coombs was a top-notch fabricator, TV personality, and driver. She was driving the jet-powered land speed car that was actually an F-104 Starfighter with the wings removed and a four-wheeled undercarriage added. She had driven the "North American Eagle" to almost 400 mph earlier but this was a test run on the Alvord Desert in the state of Oregon, USA when something went wrong. It remains to be seen what caused the accident.

Howard Jones

Supporter
These things just break my heart. I didn't know they were attempting a LSR this summer but I knew about her previous woman's record attempt that when near 600mph one way. At that time I wondered just how fast that F100 could safely go. Damn, I'll miss, her God bless her

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out where the strong man stumbled or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred with dust and sweat and blood. At best, he knows the triumph of high achievement; if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out where the strong man stumbled or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred with dust and sweat and blood. At best, he knows the triumph of high achievement; if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

Amen,
RIP Jessie.

Back