Robertson racing Ford GT Petit Le Mans

A couple of us will be heading to Petit Le Mans next week with the team to make sure that the RCR stickers are in the right place....:thumbsup:

This will be the debut for the second Robertson car...#04 in Silver and yellow livery....the #40 car will remain Silver and Red.

The existing No. 40 chassis will continue in the hands of David and Andrea Robertson, who will add Craig Stanton, a past winner in the ALMS GT class. The second GT, # 04 will be piloted by double Le Mans Series GT2 champion Rob Bell, former NASCAR and IndyCar driver Anthony Lazzaro (also a winner in the Series' GT class) and Robertson Racing regular David Murry--the FORD GT2 took pole last year at Petit.

I hope to see a few of you guys there.....

A neat video.... http://vimeo.com/9160888

Attachments

• ford gt.jpg
    ford gt.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 423
Last edited:
New car #04...testing has been going well this week with the new car running on E85 and running quicker than last years pole time.

The drivers ,being new to the car are really enjoying the car and are feeling very confident and comfortable...all good news for a brand new car and driver pairing.

Attachments

• RobertsonFord_092510_1.jpg
    RobertsonFord_092510_1.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
I just downloaded a Car Pack for Forza Motorsports 3 that has this car in it. I have another Ford GT that makes much more power, but I bought this one because it has RCR stickers on it. Hehe.

Brian

I saw that for the first time a few days ago....pretty cool...

Well,after a very eventful race that was wide open from the drop of the flag..both cars finished and the new 04 car ran well....not the results we were hoping for but considering the new car only hit the track for the first time one week ago...it can be considered a success...

What a great race...the LMP1 cars from Audi and Peugeot are just stunning with their level of grip and pace....wow.

This is the video game image I saw...very cool

Attachments

• Robertson_Racing videogame.jpg
    Robertson_Racing videogame.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
The poor Robertson's cars were like pinballs out there! Getting bounced around and off off all kinds of cars and curbs and barriers. Yikes.

That happened to the wife? I saw her car with a busted windshield after an impact with the wall.

Rob,
the way the LMP1 car execute their passes is with zero concern for their prey...
Andrea left room on the inside of turn 1 but took a little too much kerb and ran wide inot the wall...

The crew got the car repaired and they were able to finish...Craig Santon was driving the wheels off the 40 car....
Actually both car were very competitive in race trim but as you know...luck plays as much a part as skill many times...just ask the Corvette team that won ...

.....luck plays as much a part as skill many times...just ask the Corvette team that won ...
Or the Ferrari team that ran out of fuel....As a Corvette owner and Ferrari enthusiast, I was REALLY feeling it both ways......

Are the Robertson cars custom built from scratch, or are they built upon at least some portion of production Ford GT chassis/frame components for "production car rules compliance"?

They have to use a portion of the production chassis ...as stated in the FIA/ACO GT2 rules.....all suspension mounts, arms ,uprights etc etc etc are custom...
The Robertsons GT runs with only one waiver...The Corvette needs close to 30 and the BMW almost 50 waivers to meet the rules...not sure on the Fezzas though..

Back