Rod Ends

Pedro

Supporter
Rod Ends, what is everyone using for suspension? What brand? Two piece or three piece design?

National have just had a recall on a batch of 1/2 x 1/2 inch joints (part number TSMX8T)after a couple of failures, I am told, on NASCAR racers. This recall involved me in taking a complete GTD40 rear suspension off and replacing all the joints. Frank

I replaced them with Aurora!although I have to say that I have never had a problem with National in all of the years I have used them! Frank

[ February 23, 2003: Message edited by: F CATT ]

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
I have fitted National UMAX rod ends to all except the bulkhead radius arms which required a 17 degree high misalignment unit where I used MaxT units.
Regards Ross

Hi all'

I am running Aurora joints throughout, 1/2" x 1/2".

I have made all the suspension rods from 1" chrome moly tubing and when I started adding up the machining required to make all the fittings to hold the rose joints, I decided to farm them out to a machine shop. They came back beautifully made, and perfect for the job.
I had more made than I originally calculated, and for you guys building from scratch, I found they were perfect for inserting into the chassis at the right point by drilling a 22mm hole with a hole saw and welding them in. They are the right length, and threaded (1/2" UNF), and if I wish to through bolt I put a 1/2" drill through them. I reckon it saved me days of effort. I had the rear suspension made in one weekend!

Back