Roush Engines

the local Superformance dealer recommends and drivetrain integrator (for lack of a better phrase) who uses Roush engines. Does anyone have any comments on Roush?

Thanks,
Mike

Mike they are taking on quite a following up here in Canada in alot of SPF cobras. Also it's the recommended engine for the new spf coupe. I understand that's it's a very good engine with warranty.

I am getting rough estimate of 10,000 - 11,000 for a 5 liter Roush motor...alot cheaper than airplane engines for sure. I can't even get a 100hp plane engine for that.

I am going to check them out...

Mike

I have the 427r in my SPF Daytona, you can get it with aluminum block and EFI, mine is carbureted. I would look into Mas Flo efi if i were doing it again. I also personally think you can get just as good of a motor for far cheaper from Gessford or Keith Craft. The Roush name probably helps with resale however.

427ir aluminum block
weber005-1.jpg

Wow... that is one beautiful engine!!! Love the induction system! Do you have some idea of how the pricing goes for the varrious engines they offer?? What is the Mas Flo efi??

Does anyone have a price list for the various Roush engines? Are alloy blocks an option on all of the engines? The 353IR seems like one hell of a nice engine for a GT40!

ROUSH Performance - Engines

Bill,

Dennis Olthoff is building up my SPF MKI with the new Roush 353IR right now, or at least he will be when the engine arrives. They are a bit late getting the 353IR out, as they are making final tweeks to get all the promised HP. I'm confident it should be a terrific engine when it arrives (hopefully in a week or so) I'll poke around for the order form, but I believe the engine cost around $22K.

Daryl Adams

the local Superformance dealer recommends and drivetrain integrator (for lack of a better phrase) who uses Roush engines. Does anyone have any comments on Roush?

Thanks,
Mike

Mike,

Please think about using a Safir bellhousing and clutch package. It is the original size, and the bell housing will not hang down below the chassis.

Bob Wood
Safir GT40 Spares, Limited
513-672-8105

Thanks,
Mike

Mike,

Please think about using a Safir bellhousing and clutch package. It is the original size, and the bell housing will not hang down below the chassis.

Bob Wood
Safir GT40 Spares, Limited
513-672-8105

This thread started asking about roush engines and has mentioned their gaurantee which is for 2 year from the day the car goes on the road. THis is why I bought a 342r that came in to the uk at £9000 (18,000us) Currently its sat at the uk dealership with a blown head having been run for less than 10 minutes .The other sad thing is so far they have had it for 6 weeks ,as well as taking nearly 4 weeks to pick it up so the guarantee side is questionable .The guys are all very helpful but so slow I am still waiting for a result and am getting tired of doing all the chasing to try and get it sorted

Here is the current price list for Roush engines. The alloy block is an additional $2,500. Interesting that they have the engines listed as GT 40 or MKIII. Anyone know what the difference would be? Oil pan?

I also do not understand the Option of an 8-stack induction system. I thought the induction system was pre-determined on what engine you chose. I don't get $10,500 for an induction system.

Attachments

• Roush Crate Price Sheet.xls
    70 KB · Views: 847
Mike: If you're shopping in the Charlotte area, I'd call a few engine builders in North Carolina. Three very good ones I can recommend are Allan Powell of Powell Motorsports, Ken Troutman at KT Engine Development or Mark Cline at C & C Motorsports. Their tel. nos. are 828-256-6606 (Powell), 704-784-2610 (KT) and 828-638-0328 C&C). Powell and KT have their own dyno facilities.

An advantage of going with a custom engine builder is he can give you exactly what you want as opposed to having to choose one of the packages listed in a catalog. Also, I think you'll be able to do more a less cost with one of the sources I've named. On the other hand, a Roush engine is a good way to go if you want limited input in the build and don't mind paying the price.

Last edited:
I am happy with my Roush engine so far. The engine was purchased direct from Roush in July 2006 - it is their 427SR with a cam specified by Olthoff. This is a carbie motor. It came with the accessories, a clutch package, aluminum flywheel and the oil pan. It makes 505HP and 498 ft-lbs per the tag on the engine. Engine cost delivered was 15,450. The engine arrive at Olthoff Racing in October of 2006.

Just received the dyno sheet for the Alu 427IR going into Bjorn's GTD. Looks like a broad spread of torque so should pull well. The motor is Aviaid drysumped with uprated billet crank / billet rods / Jesel Shaft rocker gear and alloy flywheel.

Sheet is attached...

Next stop - suitable transmission...

Attachments

• Arnils Dyno Data.pdf
    43.8 KB · Views: 494
Back