Scandal green gt40

Yep, that's a bright green and fairly unique. Definitely a modern race car sort of colour.

The wing makes it look a little like an Ultima. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Or a Mopar guy who built a GT40. That color is from the 60's!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

It was called "Sub-lime."

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Martin's GT40 is about the same colour my Pantera was when it left the factory. I'm not unhappy that a previous owner resprayed it white. That green sure doesn't go unnoticed.

Since he is in Port Elizabeth South Africa, I believe the car was made at the Kit Car Centre in Johannesburg. It has the same body shape as my KCC car.

eheh, Martin answer my mail, and he told me he has just sold this nice green one.
He also changed his link page, and so.....we have a link also there (Ron...this is promotion, LOL)

Paul /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I'm afraid that I am the new owner of this scandal green gt40.Thousands of dollars later but still green.I love it.

Attachments

• green mamba gt.jpg
    green mamba gt.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 915
  • shade gt.jpg
    shade gt.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 937
  • garage gt.jpg
    garage gt.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 936
Last edited:
Peter

I really like the color. In my mind I go over all sorts of color combos and the green with black stripes always comes up. You should throw some all black wheels on it too!.

Cheers

Jack

eheh, thats a real beauty.
Martin was a so kindly guy (and has a stunning daughter..)but he told me he loved more his red Ferrari:D

Can u plz tell us a little more about the car?...producer,chassis, engine year of costruction?.

Just saw those days an italian Exige mk.1 turbo done in the same color,and was a real beauty (the incredible green I prefer is that "ugly flat green" one from that last original gt found in UK, simply amazing)
Grats for the buying:chug:
Paolo

Keith

And, who can forget the most stunniest greeen of all? The evocative and very beautiful Miura in Verde Chiaro.....

Stunning....

'40 looks good in it too......:)

Attachments

• 0310ec_02z+1972_Miura_P400_SV+Driver_Side_Front_View.jpg
    0310ec_02z+1972_Miura_P400_SV+Driver_Side_Front_View.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 807
The car is a KCC GT40 Paul, chassis square tube and the motor is a rebored 289 +- 270 hp.The gulf flares are from Tornado in the UK and I had to ad one inch more to fit over the 17 x 13 rims.I had to widen the rims from the standard 10.5 to 13.The seats are black leather chrome studed from Bailey Edwards cars.The gas fillers are next to the door handles.I'm not sure what color to make the rims ,green black or chrome.
Martin is a cool guy and loves his ferrari's and I must say that I find that everyone in gt40 circles are pretty cool.

I like the color and I like the car without the wing. The flairs look great.
We used to call that slime green on the old Datsun 240 z cars.

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Sort of reminds me of the green used on a few of the Dodge muscle cars circa 1970.... wonderful days those were!

T.

Steve Briscoe

Lifetime Supporter
Peter -
Do you know anything about the wing in terms of performance at speed? It looks like it is removable so you can use it for different purposes. Congrats on your purchase! That color supports the conclusion I've drawn that just about every color looks good on a 40 due to the classic lines. I haven't seen a 40 color yet that didn't fit the car really great.

Enjoy,
Steve

Re: Scandal green gt40 - KAWASAKI GREEN

Scandal green - I Love it. Howzit Peter ex my car now your car looks STUNNING. Something about the wing...when our racing mechanic towed the car to Peter's place, (about 800 miles) that almighty wing caused so much downforce that the 3.5 V6 Pajero towing it had an extreme problem. Clever mechanic turned the GT40 around on the trailer and solved the problem. Man, I LOVED that car. It's built for Le Mans which is 13.5 kms. Our local racing track is 2.4 kms and I just couldn't get fast enough lap times. Was still in 4th at the end of the main straight. I am still an enormous GT40 fan ! The green car turned more heads than any other car I have ever driven. And when you put your foot down, aaaaaah I can't even try to put it into words. Apart from that, pleased to meet you all...Martin Kruger, Port Elizabeth, South Africa

Back