scavenge pump specs

Being a good Kiwi means trying to re invent the wheel, so.
Would a good quality hydrolic pump, similar to that used in an excavator be suitable for a sump scavenge pump set up. How would I work out the flow requirements for a 3500cc V8.
One thought I had is that they are designed to deliver pressure and are allways operated with a small amount of head. Would the fact that they have to `suck` from a sump, rule them out.
Food for thought.
Cheers
Russell

ness88 has two Barnes 5 stage on T/Me at the moment, one @ nz$1000.00 buy now, other with manifold @ nz$1400.00 buy now. Both used & refreshed.

Jac Mac

What really amazes me, is the extortionate prices charged for extruded aluminium and some CNC machining for these components ...... I am very much in the wrong business.

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Yeah but what about US ebay? I got a six stage Barnes for $US 251.00. One NASCAR race and in VG condition.

Russell I think I showed you that one when you were down. Not really worth reinventing the wheel at that rate. Three and four stage pumps come up all the time on ebay, if you don't need all the stages just shorten it up. Piece of wees.:)

Cheers,

Back