SCG 003C Running The Ring

Continued success Jim. Quick question, the carousel at Nurburgring looks like it puts a real beating on the suspension, do you have to modify the set-up for just this track due to this corner?

Continued success Jim. Quick question, the carousel at Nurburgring looks like it puts a real beating on the suspension, do you have to modify the set-up for just this track due to this corner?

The entire Ring is Brutal. Try to run a La Ferrari at Speed for more than a lap much less for 24 hours. Ride height and set up is totally unique for the Ring. After a 24 the cars are pretty cooked.

Best

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Jim
It looks great. I am always interested in stats. How many litres does the tank hold? And what consumption and number of laps do you manage to get from the fuel?

Cheers Ian

Ian

Just a quick thanks to Jim, who takes the time to post excellent "goodies" to the forum.
THANKS JIM, appreciated!

Hi Jim
It looks great. I am always interested in stats. How many litres does the tank hold? And what consumption and number of laps do you manage to get from the fuel?

Cheers Ian

Ian

110L I think.

Consumption is key. We have 12 injectors and very complex engine management. We have a large number of maps. Rain, Temp, etc., etc. The key is 8 laps. If you make 8 you can save one stop. We arrive with 1/2L.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
110L I think.

Consumption is key. We have 12 injectors and very complex engine management. We have a large number of maps. Rain, Temp, etc., etc. The key is 8 laps. If you make 8 you can save one stop. We arrive with 1/2L.

Thanks Jim much appreciated.
I make that around 4mpg (UK size gallon)
I also remember reading the GT40s back at Le Mans were doing 9mpg and supposedly had about half the power you say so that makes sense to me.

Ian

Back