seat lowering

Nick

Lifetime Supporter
I am 5 11 and need to gain 2" head room to fit in my ERA. How can I lower seat?

Darnel A.

Supporter
Are the pedals moved as far forward as possible? I have a dog in this fight because I am 6" and I am building an ERA without a Gurney Bubble.

Are the pedals moved as far forward as possible? I have a dog in this fight because I am 6" and I am building an ERA without a Gurney Bubble.
As I found out, its a matter getting your knees under the dash. Moving the pedals won't change much to that.
Lowering the floorpan 40mm made me just slide in easy in the seat with enough room for my legs and knees to operate all pedals with ease.

I am 5 11 and need to gain 2" head room to fit in my ERA. How can I lower seat?
I seem to recall your ERA had a true suspension seat. Making the suspenders longer should lower your body downward until you encounter the bottom of the seat shell or floor.

Nick

Lifetime Supporter
I seem to recall your ERA had a true suspension seat. Making the suspenders longer should lower your body downward until you encounter the bottom of the seat shell or floor.
Hey Mike how are you? Its car 2087, not 2077 you sold me. I traded that car for a Kirkham CObra. I might sell #2077 anyways so might not mess around with changing anything.

Back