serpentine system

Steve R

Supporter
Working with prestige motorsports to build my engine (ford 351 stack system) for the RCR 40. Does anyone one have options and part numbers for a good serpentine pulley system ( pics would be great) that will work. I have no idea where to start.

I have a Prestige 351W with the 8 stack Borla in my SPF MK1, which was built by Prestige Motorsports. If you haven’t yet spoken with Doug, I suggest doing so. He sent me a very detailed proposal listing all of the part numbers, based on his recommendations, along with a price for each part.
20220817_134203.jpeg

Attachments

• 20220817_134203.jpeg
    20220817_134203.jpeg
    393.4 KB · Views: 92
  • 20220817_134158.jpeg
    20220817_134158.jpeg
    401.1 KB · Views: 103

Steve R

Supporter
I have a Prestige 351W with the 8 stack Borla in my SPF MK1, which was built by Prestige Motorsports. If you haven’t yet spoken with Doug, I suggest doing so. He sent me a very detailed proposal listing all of the part numbers, based on his recommendations, along with a price for each part.View attachment 130394
What i am being told by prestige is they dont supply the front end for the 351 that is for RCR 40. My question is why wouldn't your set up fit the RCR 40? I am missing something. Im guessing its something to do with the space of the firewall or a height issue.

Correct,the system prestige has DOES NOT fit the RCR but I’m sure someone will chime in with what you need. I’m running the prestige front end in my 40 aswell. I have an all aluminum Shelby 427w from prestige.

Rod Dittmar

Supporter
Problem is that with A/C, the compressor needs to be on the opposite side of the engine from the alternator. Prestige's serpentine system has the compressor tucked underneath the alternator and won't fit in the RCR chassis. I used a v-belt system with alternator, waterpump & crankshaft pulleys supplied by CVF Racing. They can supply you with a kit that has everything you need except a compressor mounting bracket. I used the one supplied by RCR. Some guys on the forum have made their own.
HTH, Rod

Attachments

• FEAD3.jpg
    FEAD3.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 77

Steve R

Supporter
Problem is that with A/C, the compressor needs to be on the opposite side of the engine from the alternator. Prestige's serpentine system has the compressor tucked underneath the alternator and won't fit in the RCR chassis. I used a v-belt system with alternator, waterpump & crankshaft pulleys supplied by CVF Racing. They can supply you with a kit that has everything you need except a compressor mounting bracket. I used the one supplied by RCR. Some guys on the forum have made their own.
HTH, Rod
Thank you This is the way I will go found it on CVF

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
I'm a customer of Doug's as well. My understanding is that there isn't a good solution for a front end system on an RCR that will fit. Hopefully Fran at RCR could answer your question. I'm sure others have asked him about it.

Back