Shelby American Auto Show circa?

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Just found this picture on line (no copyright that I am aware of) of a street GT40 at an auto show as displayed by Shelby American. I guess circa 1967 but what chassis number is it?

Attachments

• GT40 Auto show.jpg
    GT40 Auto show.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 734
Just a guess but is it on Borrani wires? I thought that was around 1965? Before the Halibrands and American 6 spokes took over?
Regards Allan

True: there is a photo of Mr. $helby delivering a street version G.T.40 MK I in front of the 6501 W.Imperial office headquarters in the summer of 1966 in the new " Complete book of Shelby automobiles", showing these same wheels. The car is #1043 red with a/c. ....... Rich Roy

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Where did you find it? Are there any more pictures of the car?

I found it days ago...I don't remember what I ate last night and you want me to remember some web surfing? Not gonna happen!

I will look on my web history and see if I can find it, but it was the only picture.

Dave Wood

Lifetime Supporter
I love the size of the "booth". Now every small shop has a display that would put that to shame. My how things have changed.

Rick
I was not sure if the '40' was a road or race car? I agree with you I thought that all road cars delivered in 1965 would be on wire Borrani. But some race cars were still on Borranis at Le Mans in 1965 FAV Innes Ireland P1006 (first car fitted with definative nose). Subsequently a few road cars have had Halibrands fitted. But I have not seen any being factory fitted that early (1965)?
Regards Allan

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
My guess is road car...no roundels, stripes, etc. as on Shelby race GTs. There was one road car Ford sent around to auto shows (I saw it here in Buffalo) that was also used by some FoMoCo execs and has been documented. Don't recall the P number 'though.

Rick, the Shelby auto show car I know about is P1004 (now P1084) that was with the Shelby touring caravan in 1965. But you are ID ing a forty in 1967?
Regards Allan

Back