single donor GT-40 kit

I'm wondering when we'll be able to have a single donor gt40 kit out there. Factory five is finishing up there "mulsanne super car" that uses an audi transaxle and even though they're only for sale to previous customers for two years, they're going to sell the kit for $20-$26k. Look what they have done to the cobra market! I simply cannot afford to spend $50-$60k on a weekend cruiser. If someone jumps on this they will completely change the entire gt40 market! Why isn't someone doing this?????
confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Schneider:
Meat, I'll let you take this one.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Someone is doing this...let me see...where did I see that before...oh, wait! That's right! I'm doing it!

There's another thread out there: http://www.gt40s.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=001041

That kind of gives an overview of the project, as well as the pricing.

I do also have a mailing list that you can get on where I put out announcements. You can get on it by sending an email to: [email protected]

I haven't put out an update in about a week an a half, but expect one pretty quick. The project is shaping up wonderfully, some of the trick stuff is ... well, pretty durned trick! From the way the chassis is being set up, right up through the donor for the single donor kit, I'm really, REALLY happy about how everything is going.

I've got the BEST chassis designer - a guy who I have had nothing but GREAT things to say about him and the cars I've seen of his - doing some of the best chassis work I've ever seen. I would absolutely - and have - recommended working with him. He's very professional, very detail oriented, and pretty durned funny, too!

The bodywork is being done by someone I have an immense amount of respect for; everything I've seen from him, or heard about him has been GREAT! He gets high marks from everyone! Once again, he's someone I respect, and I know he's doing some of his best work for me. I have recommended him and his services to others as well.

So, yes, someone is working on one. A single donor GT40 replica. And I'll sell it to anyone, you don't have to be a previous customer!
wink.gif

Your pal,
Meat.
flagsmall.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by meat:
[QB]

I've got the BEST chassis designer - a guy who I have had nothing but GREAT things to say about him and the cars I've seen of his - doing some of the best chassis work I've ever seen...

The bodywork is being done by someone I have an immense amount of respect for...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some names won´t hurt...

Regards,

Javier

Meat,

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> I haven't put out an update in about a week an a half, but expect one pretty quick <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The last update e-mail I received was 2/8 (update Bulletin #2) four weeks ago. Have there been some since then?

Hmmm...

I'll check the updates and make sure that you get them. Maybe it's time to start a website for the updates, eh?

Your pal,
Meat.
flagsmall.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FutureOwner:
The last update e-mail I received was 2/8 (update Bulletin #2) four weeks ago. Have there been some since then?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes (it's on the other thread now). I have no idea what your email address is, and it's not in your profile.

Do me a favor and send an email to [email protected]. Once I get the email there, I'll add you to the mailing list so that you get the latest updates! I apologize in advance if it's a mix-up on my part.

Your pal,
Meat.
flagsmall.jpg

well, i stand corrected...Meat, you're gt40 will completely revolutionize the gt40 world. The idea that a real working man can have a gt40 replicar is unbelieveable! To any reading this that don't know, go to cobratrader.com, that's "Meats" site and see what he's working on! With a projected kit cost of $14k, they'll be alot of ERA orders being canceled!
smile.gif
cool.gif

THose are both very nice looking websites.

I still haven't really come up with a great design for the '40 replica. I'm just sticking stuff (randomly) over on my site: www.CobraTrader.com

Once I figure out what I'm doing...

Your pal,
Meat.
flagsmall.jpg

Back