SL-C Kit Spec in Australia

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
- SNIP -

Dave L., RCR is now making a simple version of the front clip hinges with gas struts that actually work better than the hot-rod type. Call RCR to check availability.

Thanks Jack. I need to give Fran a call one day soon - life has thrown me another curve ball recently.

Craig - Everything that you and Fran are doing looks amazing! Congratulations and I wish you much success.

Regards,
Dave L

Trevor Booth

Lifetime Supporter
Supporter
Craig,
reading thru the SLC spec posted above raises a couple of questions..

Basic suspension alignment performed with ADR compliant bump steer.

and

ADR test documentation for chassis, body, suspension etc. Standard street chassis has torsional stiffness of 25500 Nm/deg/M. Suspension strength exceeds ADR requirements by more than 10 times.

what ADR refers to

bump steer,

ADR test documentation for chassis body suspension etc

suspension strength requirement

Very nice Craig!
I was going to do this out of aluminum with punched in louvers to achieve the same thing essentially.

attachment.php

Molleur, the oil coolers are mounted to the spyder. We actually have aluminium mounting brackets bonded to the fibreglass spyder that the oil coolers mount to. There is a cooler on each side, one for engine and one for transaxle.

Trevor, actually I would love to catch up for a chat, especially with the rules changes and the relaxation of emissions etc for ICV's. We will exchange PM's to see if we can catch up on the phone.

The term ADR's is a lot simpler than reciting the different compliance documentation used for ICV's. So it's easy to bundle it all up, I will clarify your questions offline as I'm not the best at writing posts.

As Caster affects the amount of bump steer, we confirm with the customer on their requirements i.e. street or track car etc and set up the suspension accordingly. If they change their setup, we let them know how to reset the bump steer adjustment.

Trevor Booth

Lifetime Supporter
Supporter
Craig,
I am currently in China, back in Oz end of april, quite happy to discuss in whatever form.
you can PM or email to adcoteng at pnc.com.au

Thanks Trevor, I will wait till you back if you like as I expect you are busy over there. I have PM'd you my email address & phone number anyway. If you are making a trip to the Gold Coast please find the time to drop into our factory.

Hi Craig,

What is the expected time frame to have a SL-C registered in Oz.

Cheers Simon.:happy:

Simon, waiting for a customer car to be complete enough for them to present for inspection etc. We have performed all the testing that can be done at this stage, including driving tests such as lane change etc. We have also had our kits personally examined and registration paperwork requirements discussed and detailed with authorised representatives in most states in Australia. Yes, I have been very busy. I stand behind the product and will do everything in my power to make the registration process as simple as it can be.

There are a few running SL-C's about.

As it is out of my hands I don't have a clear timeframe unfortunately.

I would like to build one myself, but time has not allowed such luxuries. I even bought an SL-C kit for such a purpose, but I quickly relented and sold it onto a customer. Business has been very busy.

Last edited:
Sorry Michael, my PM box was stuck full. I replied earlier today. I suggest it is best to email or call me.

Hope to see you at Wakefield Park.

Cheers.

No probs ,i just wanted to touch base that was all,i will see you at the nationals ,staying at the (lilac motor inn)........cheers

Back