SL-C on Top Gear UK

Hilarious about the Blue Ridge Parkway. It is 15 minutes from my house, but the surrounding roads are better because they are twistier with higher speed limits. Most of the parkway is actually 45 (oh joy) though early in the morning you get some leeway if you are considerate :)

Another side note - Richard near to tanked that Porsche in turn 10, and that was no joke. He was very lucky. Many a car has been taken down by that turn.

:2thumbsup: I'm sure there are. . . but my voracious appetite for pictures is no longer satiated by cycling through the images of the same 3-4 cars I've got stashed on my hard drive. PLEASE PEOPLE. . . MORE PICTURES. . . PLEASE!!!

+ 10 on that one folks !

Me and my family are stuck in London on our way to the States since monday of this week. I saw the Top Gear Christmas show at the hotel room, and BOY was I pleased to see a familiar "face" when the yellow beauty showed up on the screen :thumbsup:

BTW, I liked the show.......

So Will, if you're reading this; are we still on for a viewing of your SL-C ?

Hilarious about the Blue Ridge Parkway. It is 15 minutes from my house, but the surrounding roads are better because they are twistier with higher speed limits. Most of the parkway is actually 45 (oh joy) though early in the morning you get some leeway if you are considerate :)

Another side note - Richard near to tanked that Porsche in turn 10, and that was no joke. He was very lucky. Many a car has been taken down by that turn.

Yes, looks like they 'moved along quickly' from that shot, he very nearly did stack it in a big way! I'd be surprised if he hadn't done other damage though and I'd be surprised if there wasn't other damage to the SLS after Clarkson went a little 'off piste' a few times!

+ 10 on that one folks !

Me and my family are stuck in London on our way to the States since monday of this week. I saw the Top Gear Christmas show at the hotel room, and BOY was I pleased to see a familiar "face" when the yellow beauty showed up on the screen :thumbsup:

BTW, I liked the show.......

So Will, if you're reading this; are we still on for a viewing of your SL-C ?

Hey Ketil,

Sure, we are still on. But are you going to get out of the UK before Spring? :uneasy:

Let me know when you get here!

-Will

It looks great. I wish they showed some on track action of it.

Here are some more vids that show the beaty of the SLC (I think I sent these to you ArtGirl). Sorry in advance if it's a repost:

YouTube - STAYBUSYRIMS & RAPIER AUTOMOTIVE

YouTube - Rapier SL-C by Rapier Automotive

Thanks for those links. The second one was interesting. They seem to have done something similar with the air intake as was done on the car at SEMA, both of which I'm a little unclear on. Has the throttle body been relocated "upstream"? If so, why, and does the hardware to do that come with the intake if you buy it from RCR?

It looks like the throttle-body is to the left in line with the induction tubing, then passes through a U-tube to the intake manifold.

The throttle body is turned through 90deg. allowing the intake tube a cleaner/straighter run to a duct in the body for cool air feed and aircleaner mounting.
We CNC the mounting flanges in house and they are available to anyone ..not just RCR owners....we already sell them into the hot rod and engine retrofit market too.

Yes Will, we fly out of Heathrow this sunday as long as GOD forbid the flight doesn't get cancelled again :veryangry:

I'll call you when I'm ready.

Well, I guess God didn`t hear my prayer :mad:
I`m back in Norway do to bad weather around Newark Airport. Our flight got cancelled, but we were lucky enough to get a flight back to Oslo.

I`m angry as HELL, but that`s for a different thread...........

Back