SLC Build Thread-Chassis #53

Redid the fuel system:

photobucket-17387-1338229814809.jpg

Sat on the dyno:

photobucket-1231-1338066594716.jpg

Roberto,

Wow! That intake system is just unbelievable. That has to be to single most appreciated eye candy that can ever be put on a car.

I am absolutely kicking myself right now for now following through with it when you and I talked about it last year. Beautiful work! And if the car sounds that good at idle, I can't wait to hear it at full song...

Take care my friend, and congrats on a beautiful build. Looks like you're raising the bar on everyone. :cool2:

Mike

No #'s yet. I had a pilot bushing issue that was not allowing my clutch to disengage.

Wasted trip last Saturday on the dyno, as the clutch would not disengage. Strapped it down and nothing (worked the night before). Replaced the bushing with a high load bearing last week, and works beautifully now.

I'll try and get to the dyno in a couple of weeks.

I spent this last weekend fitting up the body. I'm waiting on my side splitters, and I'm contemplating replacing the stock splitter with Fran's hybrid street/race diffuser he was telling me about.

photobucket-21325-1339984894553.jpg

photobucket-5616-1339984814871.jpg

Roberto kinda makes ya wanna dance a jig lol, hay I don't see the cobra seats? did they fit? Roberto do you have the part number to the pilot bearing I will need one too. The car is looking very nice Roberto can't wait to see you lay down some rubber.
Cheers,
Grant

Thanks Fran.

Grant: I didn't try them. I left to go to Allan's (where my body was) at 5am on Friday. I didn't think they would fit and I didn't want to bring too much stuff to his house. It would have just distracted us, and been in our way while we were fitting up the body. I did try out a Bride seat he had that fit in the car with a ton of room to spare but it was too tight in the rib/lat area. I don't think the Cobra's will fit. Let me clarify, they may fit in the car, but I don'think they will fit in well.

It was nice spending the weekend working on the car w/Allan. I haven't stayed at Allan's house since last year. His wife is the best host ever. I think I gained a few pounds. :)

McMaster part #: 5885K68 or 5885K134

Either one will work but you have to have the flywheel machined. Luckily my friend works for Jesel so he did it for me while I waited.

McMaster part #: 5885K68 or 5885K134

Either one will work but you have to have the flywheel machined. Luckily my friend works for Jesel so he did it for me while I waited.

I thought the flywheel was a bolt in and go type deal? Or is that because you're using a different bearing than Fran provides?

wow....... as Fran said, beautiful.

I almost want to say the wheels should be a dark colour as well but when I look at it again I'm not so sure.

They are my favourite wheels but what are they? I've seen them around but I've never been able to work out what they are.

Wow, what a knockout beauty! Paint / color is fantastic. Doesn't look like it will be long to completion. Wonderful work. Regards, Bill

Thank you for the nice words everyone.

Alex: I decided to use a different solution for the input shaft pilot so the flywheel had to be opened up accept a 40mm diameter bearing. I also replaced my slave while I had it out to make sure everything was new and good to go.

An absolutely stunning and very classy super-car with lots of production like touches :thumbsup:. If I cannot wait to see it completed (if that is ever really possible), then I have no idea how you must feel. Best of luck gitten 'er done!

Back