SLC Build Thread-Chassis #53

I did try out a Bride seat he had that fit in the car with a ton of room to spare but it was too tight in the rib/lat area.

Do you by chance remember which seat it was? I like the Bride Low Max Stradia which appears to have similar dimensions to the SL-C seats. The option of a thin or thick seat cushion looks useful too.

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
I did try out a Bride seat he had that fit in the car with a ton of room to spare but it was too tight in the rib/lat area. I don't think the Cobra's will fit. Let me clarify, they may fit in the car, but I don'think they will fit in well.

Roberto - Like Greg I'd be very interested in which Bride seat fit so well. I've looked at them on-line and they look to be of high quality (and price!) but I haven't been able to find good dimensions for them. Which Cobra seats do you have? I have Cobra's but I'm coming to realize like you that while they "fit" they won't fit well without some modifications - but I knew that when I bought them.

Regards,
Dave L

GoTuning.com has most of them listed on their site along with the dimesions.

This is the one I was interested in:
Bride Stradia II Low Max Reclining Seat
Go Tuning Unlimited

StradiaII_Dimensions.JPG

Seat rails is another issue. They make nice seat rails for their seats but only for specific cars, not universal. That may not be an issue for some.

It was the Stradia Low Max. Fit very well but just wasn't comfortable for me. Too narrow. I'm just about 6' 175-185lb athletic build for reference. 30" waist pants.

The seats also have a 175lb weight limit (genuine Brides do anyway).

It's too bad as they fit the car space wise beautifully. They will work for some people though.

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks guys - I appreciate the info!

I wouldn't worry about seat rails - the seats will probably need to be bolted directly to the floor to allow for the seat height and legroom under the steering wheel.

Dave L

I have also sat in this seat (in Allan's car) and it was not comfortable and did not fit me - 6'h 185lbs. Way too tight in the rib cage area and was crushing my shoulders.

So is it more of an issue with the shoulder wings or the lower bolsters for fitting? I know the height is of concern but I have seen some Bride seats that are made extra low and don't have large lower bolsters for us wider (38-40 waist) guys. I havent had the chance to see an SLC up close to see how I would fit. until then I am interested in the seat options. I see a lot of people talking about sliders. Cant you just mount it to the floor?

wow this is really getting interesting. Thanks for such a nice read. Loved every moment of every page of this build thread. I sure cannot wait to see it finished. Must really be an enjoyable project, have fun

A two week course at a welding school is a dangerous thing :clown:
Who the hell is "Ricardo" and what has he done with Roberto?
Does this mean the exhaust has four outlets? How did it sound?

Not sure of benefit of 4outlets?

A two week course at a welding school is a dangerous thing :clown:
Who the hell is "Ricardo" and what has he done with Roberto?
Does this mean the exhaust has four outlets? How did it sound?

I don't know which is more surprising - he changed his name his to Ricardo, or that he got a kick ass engine from the same engine builder who stole parts from me and never completed my engine :lipsrsealed:

Not sure of benefit of 4outlets?

I don't know which is more surprising - he changed his name his to Ricardo, or that he got a kick ass engine from the same engine builder who stole parts from me and never completed my engine :lipsrsealed:

I made the quad exit for as an experiment for looks not performance. I've since removed them as it was louder than I wanted it to be although the sound was wicked.

Erik's done 2 motors for me and although he was slow as molasses, he was always honest and straight with me and delivered a good product. I'm sorry about your experience, but besides complaints of his lack of communication, or time to deliver an engine, this is the first time I've heard him accused of being a thief. The fact that you originally bought your engine through a reseller further clouds the picture. He is the most highly regarded LS engine builder IMO, and his skills are very respected industry wide. Is he without fault? No.

Erik is a vendor on LS1tech, and you can post your bad experience there in the vendor feedback section if you haven't done so already.

I'm not sure what to make of your name change comment and including it with your words about your unfortunate engine experience.

If you have something to say to me, you have my phone#, my personal email, and PM. I'm happy to talk to you any time. Otherwise keep the innuendos to yourself and your accusations out of my threads.

I made the quad exit for as an experiment for looks not performance. I've since removed them as it was louder than I wanted it to be although the sound was wicked.

Erik's done 2 motors for me and although he was slow as molasses, he was always honest and straight with me and delivered a good product. I'm sorry about your experience, but besides complaints of his lack of communication, or time to deliver an engine, this is the first time I've heard him accused of being a thief. The fact that you originally bought your engine through a reseller further clouds the picture. He is the most highly regarded LS engine builder IMO, and his skills are very respected industry wide. Is he without fault? No.

Erik is a vendor on LS1tech, and you can post your bad experience there in the vendor feedback section if you haven't done so already.

I'm not sure what to make of your name change comment and including it with your words about your unfortunate engine experience.

If you have something to say to me, you have my phone#, my personal email, and PM. I'm happy to talk to you any time. Otherwise keep the innuendos to yourself and your accusations out of my threads.

He's got about 3500 in parts that I can get back from him; theft, mis-held property, whatever you want to call it *shrug*

There was no innuendo there; everybody calls you Roberto so I was saying it's shocking if that isn't your name .... I wasn't trying to draw any connection between the two, sorry if you thought I was :drunk:

He's got about 3500 in parts that I can get back from him; theft, mis-held property, whatever you want to call it *shrug*

There was no innuendo there; everybody calls you Roberto so I was saying it's shocking if that isn't your name .... I wasn't trying to draw any connection between the two, sorry if you thought I was :drunk:

No worries Alex. Sorry I read into it wrong. I hope you get your parts/money back.

Some updates:

I decided to embark on a 6 stage dry sump setup while maintaining AC. So far so good, but it's a lot of work. The AC pump mount and engine adapter plate needed editing. We're working on the oil pump mount now.

photobucket-33692-1355155753720.jpg

Here is how much the piston skirt sticks out with a 4.250 stroke and 5.800 darton sleeves. You can see the clearancing needed for the rod bolts with a large stroke too.

photobucket-39461-1356299855145.jpg

Going back together:

photobucket-11257-1356299798883.jpg

Good luck with getting it all to fit - I was tickled pink to be able to get rid of my dry sump, haha. Too much headache!

Btw, Erik finally released all my parts, so that chapter is closed at least.

I hear you...I've been wrestling with the decision for a year. I'd like to run it in some mile events, road race challenges, etc, so I bit the bullet.

Happy you got your parts back.

Back