SLC down under promo

Stu... thanks so much for the video. Now next can we view what happens with the new suspension. I really think your car is sweet.:thumbsup:

--a bit of gay driving --sadly:shifty:

Thanks for posting footage Chris. I refer to your comment above, there is a reason!
FYI. It was the SLC's first time on the track. I'm the passenger and as you can see I'm looking at all the dash warning systems. The oil temp was running too high... so the car wasn't pushed too much. It was really a shake down test for the SLC and filming for the TV show including obtaining the pro-drivers thoughts.
The driver is a professional, Nathan Antunes (red bull graduate) and races in the current Aust GT3 championship, in fact he won 2 of the 3 races at the opening round at Clipsal, even though he'd never driven the circuit before. He can steer. His car and him were also featured on Car Torque the previous weekend.

I'm not keen on handing my car to a professional driver, that doesn't own it, and telling him to run 10 tenths.

Cheers
Stu

Nice video - I wouldn't let any car that had not been properly sorted be driven hard either. Just not a good combination.

In the vid there was a shot of the rear shock - it looks like that spring was not far from some serious coil bind. Looking forward to the possibility of a vid with the sorted suspension on.

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
"Happy !" --I meant happy driving :laugh:
They're a nice looking thing and it would be good to see more of their adventures here in Aus :thumbsup:

Hey Mesa
When I say not sorted, I mean it had never been pushed hard like you can on the track compared to the road. External Oil and trans coolers installed back on the track all vitals are now fine.
Yes the 'coil bind' was commented on by the Pro-driver prior to heading out he wasn't able to push the car hard enough to cause coil bind.
The Pro-driver has been back on track running the Bilstein MDS and 800lbs rear springs. Heasman’s Steering (who did the build) took footage of the car on track and interviewed the pro-driver obtaining his thoughts on the new set-up. I’m just waiting (hoping) for the footage to be posted.

Haha Chris, you are reverting to the days when gaiety was a common word. Will shout you a Gaytime if we catch up. (This comment may concern some viewers but Chris will know exactly what I mean).

I’m actually back on the race track with the SLC this Sunday at Sydney Motorsport Park running the North Circuit layout. It will be my first ‘timed’ event. Once again I’m still learning to drive the SLC. I'm not a skilled track driver in the first place…I’m trying to acquire new skills and loving that the SLC makes me LOOK half decent!

As an aside the pro-driver was reaching 243kmh down the SMP main straight in 4th gear and braking well short of where he thought the SLC was capable of braking from.

Back