SLC in Texas

Hello. I am new to this forum and interesting in building an SLC.

I built a replica car before on a stretched Fiero chassis, but the SLC would be a big step up.

Before taking the plunge, I'd really like to see one in person and make sure that I will fit OK (180 lbs, 6'4" with 36" leg).

Is there anyone in Texas who would be willing to show me their car in exchange for lunch or a few beers? I would of course come to you at your convenience.

I am also planning to go to the Texas Mile (https://www.texasmile.net/) on October 22 - is anyone thinking of bringing their car there?

Thanks,

Dave

Dave ,

we have a few in Texas...hopefully one of the guys will chime in for you.

We can comfortably supoport your height. I just had a 6'5" in an SLC this week,.

Dave ,

we have a few in Texas...hopefully one of the guys will chime in for you.

We can comfortably supoport your height. I just had a 6'5" in an SLC this week,.

[temporary thread hi-jack] Frannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.........send water pump, yes/no? [/temporary thread hi-jack] :)

I am also interested in building a superlite coupe and will be at the Texas mile. Dave, maybe you and I could get together there? Fran, are any of the slc's in Texas complete? I will also be at Sema but I understand that RCR will be racing and will not be able to attend, are there any cars in the Vegas area?

Hi Mike,

I will be at the Bisbee's Tournaments in Cabo during the Texas Mile. My SLC is not completed yet (Fran...at least I can turn a wrench again!), but Cam's car (Dallas area) is on the road.

dave, i tried to use that aol address that you gave me and it asked for a code. Dont know if it got thru. give me a shout if you are in the dallas area maybe 10/22 or 29?

Many thanks to Cam for showing us his amazing car last Saturday.

After many tries, everything finally came together - and it was well worth the wait!

The acceleration and braking of the SLC is breathtaking. Certainly puts my stock Z06 to shame!

Within moments of Cam's arrival, a crowd of picture-taking onlookers appeared. If you want to be incognito, do not drive an SLC - everyone who sees it is instant paparazzi. Sunglasses are mandatory equipment, to avoid being blinded by the camera flashes . . . :laugh:

Cam graciously accomodated our changing schedule and drove out to meet us, taking my wife and I for rides. The adrenaline was still pumping for both of us long after he left.

Thanks again, Cam!

DSC01640.jpg

Last edited:
Cam also "sold" me on the SL-C. Looks like he changed the wheels since I last saw the car. Did he change for looks, or because of performance?

Within moments of Cam's arrival, a crowd of picture-taking onlookers appeared. If you want to be incognito, do not drive an SLC - everyone who sees it is instant paparazzi. Sunglasses are mandatory equipment, to avoid being blinded by the camera flashes . . . :laugh:

Dave, Not a prob, actually I'm ruined now from that 3g climb and barrel roll you pummeled me through in the stunt plane. Talk about breathtaking!

But you're right, the SLC is a car show on wheels. where ever you park, theres the show. My buddy with a yellow diablo gets upset, they just walk rigth by it and ask "whats that!" A Yugo?!

I bet Fran can point you to a car set up for someone taller. Based on the quality of your kit planes finish, you'd build an slc that'd put mine to shame...

Cam, I'm liking the black wheels over the chrome wheels on your car. Dave, how about some pics of your kit plane?

Cam, I'm liking the black wheels over the chrome wheels on your car. Dave, how about some pics of your kit plane?
I saw the light and ditched the chrome...

Attachments

• stunt plane2.jpg
    stunt plane2.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 432
  • on the runway2.JPG
    on the runway2.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 604
  • stunt plane1.JPG
    stunt plane1.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 436
Eric/Cam: Fran and I are in the process of working out a good time to visit the factory and try one on for size that is set up for us vertically challenged folks.

Ben: Yup, but not on me right now. More to follow.

Mesa: I've got lots of pics, but they might be a little off-topic to post on an RCR site?

Fran: Maybe we can work something out:)

Fran: That sounds like a great trade! :thumbsup:
Paul: Thanks! We built it about 5 years ago and still get a real kick out of it.

Here are some more pictures of Cam's car:

DSC01667.JPG DSC01668.JPG DSC01666.JPGDSC01665.JPG DSC01663.JPG DSC01656.JPG

Thanks for the photos Dave! Fantastic looking plane you have there! Do you have spit-up bags in the rear seat area?:laugh:

Well, I'm a bit slow, but my wife and I finally made the pilgrimage to see Fran. As many of you have commented before, walking into Fran's shop is a bit like walking into the Lion's Den - your wallet is going to get bitten by something; it's just a question of how big a bite! :drunk:

We are now the proud owners of an SLC delivery slot. Now comes the hard part - waiting for our baby to arrive!

Thanks in advance to all of you for putting up with the dumb questions which will surely follow.

Back