SLC preview for Gearz TV Show.

That was really cool! I haven't thought about the SL-C in that light before. Stacey did a great job of describing exactly what that car is and what it isn't. He also distinguished it from the competition without mentioning the competition.

Congratulations Fran,
Really excellent show for you and Superlite Cars. It could have not gone any better IMO. I like the fact that Superlite Cars and RCR are being depicted as separate divisions. Just as it should be.

Hey Jim...Mine is the LS9. When they did the pan over of engines in Fran's shop...on the far left is my LS9!!! How cool...

Justin...I'm not sure if it's nervous excitement or gut wrenching impatience!! :laugh:

Stacey mentions the inserts for running bolts into aluminum framing. He said that there is a link on his web site's quick tips, but I couldn't find it. Anyone know where I might find it? Looks like a good idea to me unless you guys think otherwise.

I agree that the SLC could't have a better car show representative than Stacey plus I'm sure he will come up with some cool ideas as he goes along. I am always impressed with his builds and creativity.

The nut inserts are great. You just want to make sure that you get the kinds that are kurled and will grip tight. You also have to watch the metal thickness and make sure you use the right length part and ensure you start with a snug fit between the drilled hole and the insert.

While they are great, there is nothing worse than having one that spins in the hole when you try to take the screw back out.

I always use knurled nutserts and apply a dab of 2 minute epoxy on them before installation. Belt and suspenders, you know!

I take it that I'm not the only one who felt proud to be a part of the family while watching the premier episode? Strange, yet compelling being that I haven't even taken delivery of my car yet.

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
KenH;366162While they are great said:
Sorry to be off topic but this is important; they're worse than any alternative if not done right:

Key items for working with "rivnuts"; violate and you'll be really sorry:

1. Round hole properly sized.
  2. No burs! This requires a way to clean up the back side of the hole. See "small hole deburring tools" at McMaster-Carr
  3. Nut held firmly in place and square while expanding.
Another good source for parts McMaster-Carr

Have I missed the actual show? I'm in the UK, can you see it on Hulu or similar?

If not I'll just have to play catch up when I'm over next weekend. Now which cable package....

Back