SLC race lineup...

Heh! I have no scratch-built, or any other, design. I am too busy working evenings and weekends doing side jobs, to save up $$$, to actually have time to design anything. I am waiting to see how the Le Mans comes along as I want a topless car. Will it be ready for spring as previously mentioned?

AWESOME NEWS that you now offer Alcon as I prefer them to Brembo (and already have a set of 6 piston fronts and 4 for the rear that I planned on using on my build). Funny that as I keep buying parts to upgrade the factory stuff you keep offering them as options (get out of my head!!!!!). That's it I'm going on a spending freeze as you will probably offer everything else I have planned some time soon and might as well get everything from one place.

The calipers on my green car are actually Performance Friction units but they were not able to come in at a price point that was competitive on a repeat basis...whereas Alcon has......

You know that I had no idea that there were two kinds of ALCON systems until this thread. Luckily the guys at CDOC took care of me (and even with a quasi-sponsorship those things cost more than a new set of rims for the SL-C) and got me the originals (had to wait for almost two months for them to get in the country as they hadn't made a system for the the e46 M3 at that time and I was one of the first to get them). I keep learning stuff here everyday.

Last edited:
Alcons are supposed to be made by performance friction or should I say are made by performance friction for Alcon. Have not seen any proof to support but it's believable and some on here have confirmed. Wouldn't make any difference if that is the case as they are made to Alcon specs and in reality I would bet that Performance friction has Incorporated some of Alcons designs into their offerings. I think it's like the relationship between Maserati and Ferrari.

O.K. so spoke to two vendors and a TECH at performance Friction (Paul) in the motor sports division who (when he was able to stop laughing) told me just now that P/F has NO AFFILIATION WITH ALCON!!!!!!!! They don't even sell REAL ALCON parts (that came from the guy in sales that I spoke to before speaking to Paul). So I have to ask where are you guys getting your facts from because You all seem to be WAY WAY OFF.

On a side note he did mention (As did both vendors) that authentic ALCON systems are next to impossible to get here in the states (again much love to the guys at CDOC for getting me authentic pieces). Something about them not really importing them state side any longer(got mine many moons ago). You guys across the pond get all the good stuff :(

Last edited:
I am confused....

My Performance friction components come from PF...

Alcon from another supplier completely with a 4 week lead time if not instock already....the calipers are Alcon Advantage six piston monoblocks..

Last edited:
Fran I am just going off what I was just told (reason I asked for the techs name was so that anyone could call and ask for the guy to confirm). They were all ready to bash ALCON sold here as supposedly now all of the parts are made in the middle east (actually told me Pakistan and some where else). I am sure that it was a bit of salesmanship on their part but again I was just regurgitating what I was told directly from Performance Friction. Here is the number that I called for anyone that would like to get to the bottom of this Performance Friction - Brake Pads, Rotors and Calipers for Racing, Street and Fleet Applications and 800-521-8874

Fran what you just wrote actually lines up with what I wrote. A four week lead time (if NOT in stock) would sound about right (mine were a special order so it took a little longer). I have no doubt where the PF parts came from I was just questioning the Alcon and PF comments.

Other sponsors that have joined the race effort ...
Isis wiring systems and the driveshaftshop ....

Thanks to both of these companies that already supply parts to the RCR product line...

These are two great affiliations / sponsors Fran! Having ISIS is going to be wonderful as more and more SL-C's get built and more of the "bugs" get worked out as far as plug and play and custom programming. It can't be said that you are not putting everything into the development of the SL-C or cutting any corners. Makes me happy as a prospective customer to see such dedication from a manufacturer as most seem to sit on their laurels once things get going. Kudo's to you sir as you most certainly deserve it :thumbsup: !!

Back