Slicks for 15" rims

Trond

Lifetime Supporter
Does anyone have a good suggestion for what slicks to use? Rims are 8x15 and 10x15. I am having a hard time finding good slicks that fits the rims and have the right diameter.

(the slicks are for SPF MKII)

Regards
Trond

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Not sure if you have access to Hoosier tires. The R6 model line has 215/60ZR 15 and 27550ZR15 sizes that work out well.

Does anyone have a good suggestion for what slicks to use? Rims are 8x15 and 10x15. I am having a hard time finding good slicks that fits the rims and have the right diameter.

Regards
Trond

You might try looking @ the Nascar Stuff, Plenty of compounds from short to long tracks, plus ARCA or whatever they call it now. Diameters will probably be more suited to rear. I once ran a set of McCreary Dirt tires on a road course car ( very fine, closed tread pattern), were magic for 5 laps before heat got to them.:)

Wont find any wets though, Dem good ol boys dont like runnin in the rain!!

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
Actually, Jac Mac, they do now.....the Nationwide series ran in the rain last year for the first time.

Carnage.

Slicks on 15s

Attachments

• Goodwood2008004.jpg
    Goodwood2008004.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 264
  • Goodwood2008035.jpg
    Goodwood2008035.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 280

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
I used Avon slicks on my Pantera with 15" wheels on the track and loved them.

I plan to use them on my SPF MkII with the 15" wheels after I wear out the Avons treaded versions that came on my car. (I bought 17" wheels from Vintage for the street)

A friend who races a Pantera used to use Hoosiers, but once I convinced him on the Avons, he tried them. He won't use anything else now.

They are pricey though here in the US. We both get them through Roger Kraus Racing.

Avon Tires

FWIW,
Kirby

Regards
Trond

It also very much depends on the rolling diameter and ride heights you want, we run 26.5 inch height on the rears ( as the originals), but the Avons are nearer 24 inch, so it means altering supension ride heights and thus geometry settings, which may be either be detremental or beneficial depending on what you are trying to achieve.

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
Frank,

Good point. In my case, the 17" tires I purchased are about 1/2" shorter than the Avon 295/50 tires that came with the car from Olthoff.

Future Avon slicks will be even shorter.

Regards,
Kirby

It also very much depends on the rolling diameter and ride heights you want, we run 26.5 inch height on the rears ( as the originals), but the Avons are nearer 24 inch, so it means altering supension ride heights and thus geometry settings, which may be either be detremental or beneficial depending on what you are trying to achieve.

Trond

Lifetime Supporter
Hi

I am looking for tires with appx. the same height as original. That means 26-27" on the rear, and not many manufactorers have this size, and even fever have tires with qualities good for road racing over serveral laps. The one closest so far is Goodyear.

Frank:
Can you help me with some product numbers, sizes and type information on the Goodyears you have in your picture? Your tires seems different from the Goodyears I have found so far. Can you advise me to a UK supplier?

Best
Regards
Trond

Trond, I import them from Shelby Goodyear in US, these are Nascar sprint tyres, I can give you detail by E mail if you wish to contact me, Frank

Back