So disappointed

So Gary did not wreak it. It was sold to a guy, who Gary has said was 'kind of a know it all', who lived in NJ. The wreaking was most likely from the second owner, given the car was registered last in NJ.

Gary claimed to have had it over 200 mph on the track I believe....so she could hang I think.

Bob

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks for that info Ken. I wasn't aware of that. I still agree with Del, about the fellow talking crap about the drivers abilities.

Regards Brian

I wasn't aware of that either, but like Brian I don't find it very professional to talk bad about other drivers abilities. Stuff happens, may not have been his fault for all we know.

Really cool renders on the vid. BUTT talk is cheap, renders are relatively easy, and there is NO WAY IN HELL even with everyone's help that car was going to be ready for SEMA 2020. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Hell, the best fabricator here couldn't do that in a year.

He dreams so much he has lost track of reality, if he ever had it. It's all about the "Short Attention Span Theater" crowd.

Pretty funny to read comments about all the stuff he never finishes, lots of viewers aren't happy, lol.... now adds this one to that list.

If he truly wanted it to happen, he could have had it happen by ordering a new kit from the start. Or order it now for SEMA 2021, he just didn't get discounts like he wanted.

So I follow a few of the YouTube builders, and for many of them a SEMA build often end up being a car that looks ok, as long as you don't "kick the tires". Most are not what I would consider road ready, some barely run. I think a small team could get that SLC to look like the renders, and probably move under it's own power. Take it on the track, no way.

Bob

Really cool renders on the vid. BUTT talk is cheap, renders are relatively easy, and there is NO WAY IN HELL even with everyone's help that car was going to be ready for SEMA 2020. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Hell, the best fabricator here couldn't do that in a year.

He dreams so much he has lost track of reality, if he ever had it. It's all about the "Short Attention Span Theater" crowd.
The car would have absolutely been done, and this isn't my first rodeo building cars or bringing them to SEMA. Not sure what you mean by "short attention span," though. This would have been a build that took all year, with many moving parts.

So I follow a few of the YouTube builders, and for many of them a SEMA build often end up being a car that looks ok, as long as you don't "kick the tires". Most are not what I would consider road ready, some barely run. I think a small team could get that SLC to look like the renders, and probably move under it's own power. Take it on the track, no way.

Bob
Last year, I restored and customized a Lamborghini Murcielago that was screen-used in the last Fast & Furious movie. It is the best driving car I own, and I've been on multiple canyon runs, road trips, and full throttle blasts without any issues. You can kick the tires all you want - hell, it's going to be shown in the Petersen Automotive Museum between June 2020 and April 2021 if you want to check out the quality for yourself. The theme of my channel is "build it better," and on this project, I wasn't intending on cutting corners in any way.

Pretty funny to read comments about all the stuff he never finishes, lots of viewers aren't happy, lol.... now adds this one to that list.

If he truly wanted it to happen, he could have had it happen by ordering a new kit from the start. Or order it now for SEMA 2021, he just didn't get discounts like he wanted.
I have more than a million subscribers, and it's impossible to please everyone. Multiple projects means that people have variety in what they watch, and they're less likely to get bored. You do get people wanting to finish projects more often and setting unrealistic time frames on custom work, but I'll take that over people not watching or interacting with the content.

Also, I did want to make it happen, and I offered to buy a frame at retail cost. I obviously wouldn't need the body, interior, or brakes, since all of that would be custom made or reused from my car.

When I spoke to Fran at first, he said he would support the build, then that story changed over the course of a few months, to the point where he wouldn't even sell me parts at retail cost, presumably because he didn't agree with my vision for the build. I made everything as clear as possible and made sure everyone was on the same page.

Unless I was making every part from scratch and engineering my own CNC billet suspension pieces (which would take years), it left me no choice but to cancel the project. I would absolutely love to still do the build, but being honest, dealing with RCR wasn't easy and seeing where the chassis failed in a crash (at the welds) made me question the quality of the platform.

At the very least, the aluminum welds would have to be gone over for more penetration, but it could also be that I got an early car (2013) and they have improved their methods since then.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Well Freddy, you stayed out of the dirt, stayed civil, and I'm sure there are a lot of things folks don't consider in regards to what the "other guy" has to deal with. I've had my own issues with a parts fabricator of cars here, and if ya ain't buying something that's worth their time...well, I just moved on, kept quiet, and built it from scratch instead, but I didn't have any hard deadline either.

Last edited:

Joel K

Supporter
I don’t know, I think we are being too hard on Tavarish. His channel is very entertaining. I must say Jared is a great addition. He obviously did not expect the SL-C to have so much damage and Bob is very fortunate he did not get stuck with that thing.

I understand, and I think I explained my side of it clearly. The car wasn't being held for me in any way, despite higher bids.

Freddy, I have enjoyed your channel. I appreciate the boldness this project was; sometimes things don't come to fruition. Hope the rotary gets re-built.

I am a bit surprised that folks on this board have been antagonistic towards someone who is trying to build something new... usually this team of people love it.

Take care
Kevin

Freddy, I have enjoyed your channel. I appreciate the boldness this project was; sometimes things don't come to fruition. Hope the rotary gets re-built.

I am a bit surprised that folks on this board have been antagonistic towards someone who is trying to build something new... usually this team of people love it.

Take care
Kevin
Thanks! And I get it - being the new guy with ideas that seem radical or fanciful in scope can draw some distaste in some people. That's just their preferences, I guess. I really do like the platform though.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
watching....
Thanks for keeping it civil.....
Welcome to GT40s.com!

Back