some help for registration in ITALY

Good morning
i have some problem for italian registration with my tornado TS 40 built and registered from previous owner in UK.
i bought the car from a company 2 years ago, they have register the car in germany, but now i realized that the specs in papers are wrong.
now in german papers i have a ROVER V8 engine (but my engine is a ford 302, a wrong tyres, wrong power in kw, wrong weight ecc
but primarly i don’t have nothing in CE specs.

Can you help me?

I need CE specs for register the car.. all other specs like engine, tyres ecc are not basic, but without CE specs i cannot register the car :(

Thank you

Morten

Mortified GT
Supporter
Hello,
Thats a difficult one. Almost easiest to change the GT40 back to how it is in the German papers, get a rover engine and get it running like when it was inspected in Germany. Perhaps you can change engines after italian registration is ok.

Kind regards
Morten

thanks for reply, but how is possibile to register a car with wrong engine and specs? in germany doesn't check anything?

Morten

Mortified GT
Supporter
Hello again,
As strict as it is in Germany it certainly is worrying if it had a Rover 3.5 or 3.9 efi engine to get it through the strict emission requirements with TUV testing and certification. A carburated 302 will struggle with the latest emissions. The worrying thought is if the engine have been changed by someone previous to your purchase without proper documentation and TUV certification, leading to an ‘illegal’ engine installation not corresponding to registration documents and emission requirements.

What is the history of your car?

Can you take any action against the seller for selling a car that does’nt correspond with its registration documents and specifications?

It certainly will be great to see your GT40 on italian plates:)

Best of luck

Kind regards
Morten

Agostino

Supporter
Ciao Enrico,
unfortunately your problem seems quite difficult, I took a look to italian regulation some years ago before starting my project and our country is definitely not friendly even to import a regular GT40. There are some kit car importers in Italy who claimed in the past that they can provide support for GT40 registration (just google kit car Italia ), maybe you can contact them. Just my 2cs.

Regards,

Agostino

Back