Some scary usefull information.

Pat

Supporter
Good to know. I only wish they has provided the source of the fake parts so that they may be avoided.

Howard Jones

Supporter
This is a very big problem not only in high tech electronics but in virtually every sector of manufacturing.

https://www.scmp.com/business/china...25-beijings-plan-hi-tech-dominance-big-threat

The price is the best indicator. A real current production $400 caliper for example CANNOT be made and sold new for $150...…….EVER! But a cheaply made, materials, quality controls, and engineering standards, can. You really do get what you pay for!

Brake calipers are not tennis shoes...……...fake Nike's won't kill you, phony, cheap ass, calipers will...…………..

Thanks for the heads up AP.

There have been instances on this website where builders have removed manufacturers labels/ names and painted or milled an upmarket brand name to their own calipers, probably for the 'look at me' factor, nothing to do with brake performance. The chinese guys wont be making much money out of these deals, only the importers. Its like I pointed out to some guys on the Cobra forums once over flawed roller rockers & they were going crook.. I pointed out that they.. the purchasers created the demand for cheap stuff, nobody twisted their arm to buy them.

Back