SouthernGT #73

WooHoo soooooo excited.

Been a long time coming with never ending delays at my end, but yesterday I finally picked up chassis 073 from Mick & Carol.

7D9F452E-FA52-48A3-9AC9-8E89ECB07AA0.jpeg

End of an era, some superb cars have been built using the SGT as a base. I remember looking at a nearly finished chassis in the jig at SGT a few years ago…..beautiful bit of work.
I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think AK have the engineering nouse of Mick.
Better hurry up and get those walls up….
Simon

End of an era, some superb cars have been built using the SGT as a base. I remember looking at a nearly finished chassis in the jig at SGT a few years ago…..beautiful bit of work.
I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think AK have the engineering nouse of Mick.
Better hurry up and get those walls up….
Simon
I’m working on the garage all over xmas which should please the missus

I've got chassis 71. 2 weeks ago! while yours was being stacked with parts I think !the other was being built for ak sport cars.i spoke to Neil and was reassured about the supply of parts ordering etc.only time will tell!.

Yes I believe 74 was for AK before they took the jigs. I ordered enough to keep me going until AK get themselves up and running, hopefully it won’t be too long, but as you can see priority No1 is where to build it

I saw yours being built briefly, when I visited Mick a few weeks back. Micks a great guy. Will be missed a lot on the support of my stupid question after stupid question!

He says he’s available for questions to assist the take over, how that works, how long for and what number he’s on remains to be revealed. I’ve tried to ask as many as I can but you don't know what you don't know

I hope AK keep there prices sensible but initial contact with them over parts makes me think there going to jump up considerably from Micks prices. Might regret not ordering more parks before the switch.

Phil i spoke to Neil from AK at the NEC a few weeks ago and he said there were no plans of a price increase, so may be worth getting outstanding parts orders in early

No worries, that does contradict the email conversation i had with ak only a couple of weeks ago. I guess time will tell when they finally publish a price list. Lets all hope any increases are small.

Back