Spectre R 42 Owner?

Anyone out there owning a Spectre R42 , interested in exchanging technical information ? Origin of bought-in components is a mystery to me, apart from obvious things like engine and transaxle. Picture/drawing of chassis reinforcements as well as electrical diagram would be useful too. Come on !

Gunnar B

Hi Gunnar and welcome...

Do you have a '42'? - Our club Competition Secretary Dave Parker has one but to be honest, the published available information is somewhat scant.

Do you have a specific problem you are trying to resolve or are you enquiring for reference purposes?

Dave's R42..

Attachments

• daveIMG_4809.jpg
    daveIMG_4809.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 1,507
Thank you Paul !

I will try to contact Dave Parker, even if his car is heavily modified.
Yes, I have bought a Spectre R42, difficult to resist another of Ray´s
fine designs ! "Race car in a dinner jacket" they called it.
There must be about 24 R42 owners somewhere, many of them wondering how to get spares ,and I am one of them. There are at least 4 of these cars in Sweden. If we shared our ideas between us ...
Things like windscreen, rear light cluster, brake discs, headlight pods etc can probably be easily sourced once you know origin.

Gunnar B

Hi Gunnar -

You'll get Dave on dave.parker(AT)gtd40club.co.uk

Rear lights I think were something like Honda Prelude and I think screens are still available to order - I'll check and get back to you.

Last edited:
Anyone out there owning a Spectre R42 , interested in exchanging technical information ? Origin of bought-in components is a mystery to me, apart from obvious things like engine and transaxle. Picture/drawing of chassis reinforcements as well as electrical diagram would be useful too. Come on !

Gunnar B

Gunnar,
contact C2P in Milton Keynes - they own the brand, they are trying to build a new Spectre, they have several old Spectres.
Get in touch with Mike Dickison who is the technical Director of Spectre Cars.
Ciao
Wanni

You could always get in touch with Nigel at Red Mist Sports Cars in Blandford Forum.
He's the sole agent for the R42 and a nice guy to deal wth.

I would have thought he'd either know or be able to put you in the right direction.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hi Gunnar

Please can you tell me if you know what happened to the Spectre R42 Owners club ?

John

Welcome to GT40s.com ...
Please fix your user name to be your REAL name as you agreed to when you joined up.
Thank you...

Hi R42 owners, I have owned a spectre for about 3 years.
It came with a couple of manuals one has part numbers
& suppliers but some parts are no longer available
such as front discs but pads are common.
Happy to help with part numbers and suppliers
if anyone needs help.They won’t all be listed
but looks like most are. Regards Brian Walker.

Hi R42 owners, I have owned a spectre for about 3 years.
It came with a couple of manuals one has part numbers
& suppliers but some parts are no longer available
such as front discs but pads are common.
Happy to help with part numbers and suppliers
if anyone needs help.They won’t all be listed
but looks like most are. Regards Brian Walker.

Back