Speed sensor for GM ECU?

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
I'm having a low speed stalling issue, which I think is due to the lack of a VSS. I'm sure someone (Mike maybe?) posted a cheap wheel speed sensor that works, but I can't find the post. So, suggestions for a speed senor that will work with the GM ECU?

Thanks

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
I'm using a stock GMPP LS3 ECU. I don't want to have to get it reprogrammed just so it won't die at stop signs.

You don't need a vss with the gmpp crate engine ecu

The tune in mine flat out sucked donkey balls. Really bad a/f, stalling, it was pulling something like 16* of timing, no rev limitter, etc....; works out of the box w/ no tuning my ass.

It easier and cheaper to take it to a chassis dyno, get it fiddled with for max efficiency/performance.

You've effectively changed its behavior since bolting a transmission to it. It's 'learning' ECU but that doesn't fix everything.

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Thanks guys, but I think I'll try the $25 sensor before I spend $800 on a dyno tune.

Thanks guys, but I think I'll try the $25 sensor before I spend $800 on a dyno tune.

you still need to do a dyno tune - GMs tunes are notorious for being a sack of crap; I figured how bad could they be, until my tuner showed me my base file.

you still need to do a dyno tune - GMs tunes are notorious for being a sack of crap; I figured how bad could they be, until my tuner showed me my base file.

I didn't have that experience, mine was dead on accurate for the engine dyno... In the car, not so much, it's running rich and I can tell by the good ole 'sniff' test. Which will require a chassis tune.

Back