SPF GT 40 - roundels incl. number

Hello,

does anybody know, if the roundels can be ordered for a GT 40 MK I from Superformance ex factory with a number already painted (no decal).

Regards,

Andreas

Thanks for the responses.
However I received a mail today from Superformance (Deborah) that the factory would not do it anymore.
As this statement comes from Superformance, can I consider it as actually valid??

Regards,

Andreas

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
Well, if they say they won't, then I guess they won't...

If vinyl can be an acceptable choice, then I would still recommend Chris at Raceline Digital.

Regards,
Kirby

\
Thanks for the responses.
However I received a mail today from Superformance (Deborah) that the factory would not do it anymore.
As this statement comes from Superformance, can I consider it as actually valid??

Regards,

Andreas

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Keep in mind that the only correct, safe way to do painted numerals is OVER the clearcoat. The type of paint used for sign lettering will run and have issues if clear coated. You could have a vinyl mask "negative" made of the number so that the number could be spray painted on the roundel in the urethane Hi-Tech uses and THEN it could be clear coated.

My suggestion is to have an old time sign painter do the numerals over the roundels clear if you really want paint. BTW, don't EVER clear over a vinyl decal.....you WILL regret it!!!!

Ron Earp

Admin
What do you plan to do with the car?

If you plan some track days then I would not paint a number on the car. Most track days will require you a number that the organizers will assign you.

Howard Jones

Supporter
What Ron said. Otherwise Raceline digital can do whatever you want. Good service, fair price, prompt delivery. The vinyl decal type is a good way to do this. Very durable AND removable. I wouldn't paint on numbers or roundels.

Here's a picture of mine.

Attachments

• HPIM0799.jpg
    HPIM0799.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 281
  • race4.jpg
    race4.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 264
Thanks for all the advice.
As I do not intend racing, I think I will go for the venyl decals (w/o clear coating them).

Regards,

Andreas

Ron Earp

Admin
Thanks for all the advice.
As I do not intend racing, I think I will go for the venyl decals (w/o clear coating them).

Regards,

Andreas

If you're racing you'll definitely need vinyl and not painted on the car. Assigned numbers change frequently for race weekends.

If you plan to use the car for any track work go vinyl. If you're building a road car with no planned track work and a replica of a certain race car, then paint them on.

alternatively, you could always paint on only the roundels (street) and add the vinyl numbers at the track..

Back