Springs

Hi Guys,

Very soon now, I am going to need a basic (initial) set of springs to sit the car on whilst the build continues. Rather than just fit any old springs for the time-being, I may as well get something close (spring rate wise).

Therefore, I wonder if anyone can guide me as to the weight of a space-framed GT40 and suitable spring rates to get me started? I think my P4 should be similar in over-all weight.

Cheers

Mark,

I believe around 300 lbs front 400 lbs rear would give a stiff road/track setup on a GTD.

Choosing the 'correct' spring would be based on much more than the overall weight of the car. You would have to consider the ratio of wheel movement to damper movement, corner weights of the car, angle of the damper, sprung/unsprung weight ratio etc etc....

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Julian West

Hi Mark,

If you can provide some basic measurements from the car then i can work something out for you.

D.

Thanks guys.

Julian, that is just the info I need.

Darren. Cheers, but this stage is soooo not technical. Simply something to sit over my old spax shocks while they work. In no way are they required for the final product. I just didn't want to buy something too saggy.

Mark, if you just want some old springs to sit the car on for a while, give me a call as I have several old sets under the bench which I am sure can help you out, Frank

Thanks Frank, that's great and very kind. I will give you a call in the next few days. :thumbsup:

Howard. Cheers for the confirmation.

Back