starting rear coil over spring length SPF GT40

I will be setting the rear chassis clearance to factory specs with standard coilovers but before jacking up the rear, tightening up a dozen times what is a good starting shock or spring length. Its a Mk2 but with a small block 302, thanks

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Hi Steve. Noticed you didn't get any responses, so thought I'd step in here. Perhaps more detailed questions would queue up some responses. For example (I don't own or have a great deal of knowledge about the SPF product) the spring/shock length should be pretty well known by the manufacturer, but that is only based on desired ride height, and anticipated (desired) suspension movement. For these types of cars, I would suspect a range of max/min shock travel should be around 4-6", with a compressed shock value at static ride height to be somewhere in the 35-45% range of travel from the shortest length. And spring length takes all of this into consideration (as well as spring rate) as well as well as how much preload do you want on an uncompressed shock. It's all generalizations until the details are known.

I will be setting the rear chassis clearance to factory specs with standard coilovers but before jacking up the rear, tightening up a dozen times what is a good starting shock or spring length. Its a Mk2 but with a small block 302, thanks
Hello, I have the same car and engine. So this is a new build and you are starting from scratch??

Back