Success!!!!

Shaun

Supporter
Hi Shaun, No it was not just the engine bay, I had to do the front in the convoluted piping as well, very hot on the connections coming out of the front chassis and going into the front deck. All plugs secured with no rubbing when the deck opens and closes.

Don.
Cheers all noted!! Best I get some

Dave Collins

Supporter
Congratulations on your pass Don. Hopefully makes all your hard work worthwhile. Look forward to seeing the car on the road next year.

Dave

Hi Don ...... well done to you sir.
I would be interested to know if you have carbs or injection and what set up.
I currently run a 4 barrel holley and it's very tight on emissions!

Steve Dean
MDA with Ford 302

Hi Don ...... well done to you sir.
I would be interested to know if you have carbs or injection and what set up.
I currently run a 4 barrel holley and it's very tight on emissions!

Steve Dean
MDA with Ford 302

I got through with a Holley 750 on a 347 all ok, it is doable, needed to warm up first though.

Hi Steve,

I am using a 2004 Mustang 4.6 with injectors, my problem was using an ECU that will run my engine, but was designed to run a four banger. So it’s compromised in that it double fires the injectors and plugs, and this makes it a problem getting through the test. The Examiner was kind to me and we had a few goes before we found the sweet spot sufficient to get a pass.

Don.

Hi Steve,

I am using a 2004 Mustang 4.6 with injectors, my problem was using an ECU that will run my engine, but was designed to run a four banger. So it’s compromised in that it double fires the injectors and plugs, and this makes it a problem getting through the test. The Examiner was kind to me and we had a few goes before we found the sweet spot sufficient to get a pass.

Don.
Don,
you could use from the Rover family the "GEMS" injection computer, who could be used as a stand alone unit ,if.... you dont have variable camshaft device or electronic piloted throttle body .
Their are plenty of forums in the uk about it and these ones to:https://www.tornadosystems.com
Paul

Back