Superformance MKII Sold on BAT

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
Just sold for $380,000. This car was used to create some of the audio for Ford vs. Ferrari.

GT40 Sale.png

Markus

SPRF40
Lifetime Supporter
Not trying to be a smart ass but why would you put those BF Goodrich tires on such a car? It also seems that the old swaybar arms are still on which usually strip out....
Also interesting - wheel bearing preload spacers for all for wheels = 2.200$:eek:
Rollers back in the days for 68.900$:)

I did not see the pricing on the T44 - anybody?

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
A T44 is North of $40K. There is a new batch in build for the MK IVs that Riley is building. Note the axle seals are "Nilos", not "Nylon". The Nilos seals are German and were used on the 40s by FAV. Also, the tach is a "Jones Motrola", not "Motorola" a very common misconception. And I agree the BFG T/As are a cheap out, we will not put them on any car we sell.

Last edited:

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
Maybe they ran out of money for tires after they paid for the transmission. Markus, I purchased my car 11 years ago. I get your point on the price of a roller.....

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
We will need to move this to your own post tomorrow as this one is about the Superformance GT40 on BAT. I’m on my way out currently, but will clean this up so you will get the proper exposure with your question.

Regards Brian

I bought this car. I agree- the BFG tires were a disappointing choice of tire, so I will have to remedy that sometime rather soon. Given the provenance with the Ford vs Ferrari connection, the Petrolicious video, and especially the T44 transmission and several major components from original GT40’s, I felt the price I paid will seem rather cheap someday. I was hoping to get it for around $300k, but, well…. that‘s what happened.

Back