Superlite Coupe production

Bill,

A good part of this exercise from my point of view was to do the whole thing "my way" for what I've thought were the important first principles.
For me torsional stiffness (I worked to a goal of 10,000lb/deg in the model) and occupant protection were the primary goals and I spent a lot (probably too much) of time working on structural analysis to achieve these goals (I hope). The computer model shows the completed frame coming in at 127kg (the last time I weighed it, it was about 10% less than what the model said it should have been) , the completed car I expect to way about 950kg.

Wow, that's pretty light! I am sure it will be a very stiff and safe chassis. I just don't think I have ever seen a car with that much diagonal bracing on a tube frame. Not questioning your knowledge, I wouldn't be able to get the floor ladder done on my own! Cool project.rockonsmile
BT

Fran
That superlight is absolutely exquisite. The car looks like it's doing 200 miles an hour just sitting still. It is a real testimony to your ability as a designer and builder. Great job!! I wish you continued success as you finish this beautiful machine. I can't wait to see it up and running.
Vaughn

Hey Fran? What are the Specs and the full dimensions of the car? i've tryed lookin everywhere and cant fint them. please tell.

And how does one order?

Nick.

I signed up to tell Fran that I think the SL-C is one of the most beautiful super car kits that I've ever seen.

I followed the development of the GTM by factory five, but I just never really liked the look of it very much. Too long and flowing. I like the sharper lines and the more "compact" look of the SL-C. More like the Ultima, but much better looking than the Ultima too. Not to mention that I think it's absolutely brilliant to make it fit a wide variety of engine's and transaxles.

I have long wanted to build a supercar kit, but never found one that I thought would be worth it until seeing this one by RCR. I'm hoping someday I'll have the money to do it.

Do you mean things like these door gaps straight from the moulds...

Attachments

• S7301039 (Small).JPG
    S7301039 (Small).JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 616

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
Mike -

I wouldn't dare speak for Fran.....and I'm highly biased because he is building a SLC for me. However, from my conversations with Fran and from my personal inspection of the prototype, I think the kit car world - and the car world in general - will be shocked and amazed by the quality, specification and performance capabilities of the SLC! Fran and his crew have been busy making improvements to the car over the last few months and I fully expect the delivered product to far exceed even my high expectations. If you are serious about buying a RCR SLC take a trip out to MI to meet with Fran and see the car in person - you won't be disappointed!

Regards,
Dave Lindemann
(an obviously excited future RCR SLC owner)

Back