Superlite Coupe production

Fran

Pure unadulterated style. There are not many modern designs that have a simple elegance about them, to me they mostly look contrived and over fussy. I think your coupe has beautifull lines combined with a purposeful "don't mess with me" stance that works well from any angle.

Well done RCR

John

RCR offerings ....."including Electrolite"

Just noticed this line........cute, your marketing department in action :)

yep......

Jac ...Please....we are going upmarket and rebranding as Dyson...or maybe even Kirby...:D

You boys may scoff but an Electric SL-R will be seen mid January..0-60 under 4 secs....:pepper:

:lol:

I'm just getting prices on an engine and gearbox for the roadster to research some stuff.

I think as my first kit car it's going to be more sane for me to go down the Roadster route first of all because it should largely be more 'assembly' than fabrication.

As a first project it would give a much better scope on doing something larger, plus I know I can afford it, what deposite do you need and what are the lead times? :p:

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
Hey Fran -

Are there any updates you are able/willing to share for those of us who are anxiously anticipating the next steps in the Coupes production?

Keep up the great work!
Dave L

No AC/heat....
No upholstery..

Replaced by Fuel cell and sway bars...
Stiffer spring rates but the same double adjustable shocks..

I have lots of new pics of many new parts we have been making.....dictated by the larger wheel packages and also the HP requirements that the new owners are planning to use.....upto 1000hp...:eek:

I will post pics later....

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
I have lots of new pics of many new parts we have been making.....dictated by the larger wheel packages and also the HP requirements that the new owners are planning to use.....upto 1000hp...:eek:

Geez, Fran, this is a "Superlite" vehicle--will they be able to hook up all that power? Even with those wider wheel/tire combos there seems like there would be a point of diminishing return (except for bench racing, where the biggest number always wins).

Doug

I am sure there is but you know the saying

"if some is good then more is better"

The Ultima at R and G in 07 had 1000hp so we need to make sure we can take it to him in 08......;)......in an SL-C this time as well as an RCR40

<< Geez, Fran, this is a "Superlite" vehicle--will they be able to hook up all that power? Even with those wider wheel/tire combos there seems like there would be a point of diminishing return (except for bench racing, where the biggest number always wins).>>

Remember not all of these cars will be street only cars.

On a race track (1000HP compared to 500 HP) will make all the difference in the world.

It's going to be a hell of a lot harder to drive, but for those that can come close to mastering the HP in the corners will be the ability to pass on the straights.
At the Run and Gun it's timed laps...which would tend to negate the most of the advantage of big HP. Since most of the advantage of big HP is the ability to put your competitor behind you on a straight while racing side by side.

If it's just timed laps then as many here know...... a smaller, lighter, less powerful car could and often would turn faster laps. All HP does here is give you another challenge to master, if you can do it you'll be faster than the lower HP guy. If you can't, you'll be wishing you chose the ''easier to drive'' option.

The car to beat last year at R+G was a 500HP LS7 powered GTP Corvette with an automatic.

Back