Superlite GTA

OK Guys here is production spec on the Apex.
Apex -GTA.com will be the standalone website for the car that's currently under development.
The new Apex is now priced at $14,995 and includes the following components all built to the same standard as RCR/Superlite products.
Full replacement body panel set
Fully formed interior rear bulkhead
All self adhesive templates for OEM chassis modification
Front TIG welded DOM tubing subframe with OEM integrated mounting locations with revised mounting locations for suspension components
Rear TIG welded DOM tubing subframe with bolt in mounting system integration with revised mounting locations for suspension compnents
Two part adhesive and applicator
Fuel tank.
Vacuum formed rear window with scratch guard coating
Rear LED lights.
Parts required to assemble the Apex.
Second gen Eclipse/Talon bodyshell/drivetrain
A complete set of Corvette C5/C6 suspension and brakes.
Toyota Celica headlight package
Coilover shocks/spring package (available from us)
The engine packages we will be supplying mounting for are the OEM Mitsubishi 4G63 that came in the Mitsubishi/Talon and the LS4 FWD V8 drivetrain found in the Impala SS and Grand Prix GXP models only.
The chassis will have a modular mounting system that may allow other drivetrains to be installed but there will be no factory supplied mounts for anything other than shown above.
Please keep in mind that we will be offering a fully machined suspension system as an optional upgrade in the future, currently revised mounting locations utilizing the C5/C6 hardware will be the standard.

Please let me know what you think and feel free to drop us an email or give us a call....

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Hmmm...I've been diligently saving up for an SL-C, but an Apex with an LS4 sounds tempting. Can't wait to see the pictures of the finished product.

Pete

i stopped in my tracks on the 818 when they review the final body design. but the 15K offer for the Apex has me excited.

...the sad part is that they had some great looking design entries and ignored them.

The Apex could turn into it's own spec racing series in the future.

I'm looking forward to the final pictures.

...the sad part is that they had some great looking design entries and ignored them.

The Apex could turn into it's own spec racing series in the future.

I'm looking forward to the final pictures.

Agreed: You can't buy good taste, sometimes you can't even see it when it's given to you for free. See the 818, Sad.

The goal of the APEX is to have daily driver package that is still lightweight and fun , watertight, power windows, mirrors etc ,without the need for an expensive longitudinal transaxle and not looking like every other car on the road....and I reckon we are there....what say you?

Last edited:
I say awesome Fran! the ls4 is no slouch either, there are at least two guys I know running the g5 6sp in fiero's with lt1 and ls1 type setups. The lt1 is a 383 turbo monster in a '85 fiero.

....what say you?

Here here :drunk:

-----------

Questions:
I'm assuming when you say C5/6 suspension, you mean from the A-arms out including hubs, knuckles, stabilizer bars, and dare I say...leaf springs?

C5/6 suspension parts differ based on auto or manual, will it matter which for the Apex?

Would the ride control be adaptable or does that interface with main GM ECU?

Jason

A complete set of Corvette C5/C6 suspension and brakes....AS DESCRIBED CONTROL ARMS, UPRIGHTS, HUBS AND BRAKES...NO LEAF SPRINGS OR SWAY BARS.

Coilover shocks/spring package (available from us)...NO NEED FOR LEAF SPRINGS WITH THE COILOVERS

MANUAL AND AUTO SUSPENSION COMPONENT PARTS ARE THE SAME.....

Ride control is based on masses of information other than just the suspension so not a chance I am afraid..

Thanks for the quick reply. I was looking at prices for suspension rotor to rotor and if you start including crossmembers and everything else, it adds up quickly. I was hoping for what you replied with...whew.

Coilovers = :thumbsup:

Corvette based steering rack?

You can get all four corners including brakes for $1500 quite easily.....I just bought two sets from different companies to try them out and be able to have reliable companies to recommend to you guys...

Rack is part of our kit...sorry (typo)

This is a SERIOUS game changer!!!

Now we have to wait patiently for those pics (and sneak peaks...).

Awesome job Fran!!! I don't know how you do it.

Well... this is awesome.

My *only* criticism of the looks is those Celica headlights.... if possible to change at all at this point I'd definitely encourage that.

I'm sure it does look better in person but I personally think it can look even better per the original design sketches, along with the front intake design as well.

Was there any technical reason to change from these?

Back