Superlite GTA

Well... this is awesome.

My *only* criticism of the looks is those Celica headlights.... if possible to change at all at this point I'd definitely encourage that.

I'm sure it does look better in person but I personally think it can look even better per the original design sketches, along with the front intake design as well.

Was there any technical reason to change from these?

You can always buy one and make the changes to your liking...

Benji
There 20 plus variations of this headlight and its the same light that has been used in all of the renderings /models as its been the item of choice since day one.

Justin is right...once you have one in your garage you can tweek it to your hearts content and the nice thing is nobody can tell you its not period correct

You can always buy one and make the changes to your liking...

Sure.... I guess it's also possible to design my own entire car.... I'm just trying to provide my personal opinion on something I have an interest it.

My thought is that in a poll of 'what would you change' design wise, the headlights would be the most chosen option.

In fact I'm interested in the ins and outs of what choices were made and why to differentiate from the very first sketch on the very first page which to me looks insanely good Vs. something in my opinion looks great.

I'm sure there are some behind the scenes reasons and technical ones why the original sketch just isn't possible/sensible but I also don't want to get into that situation where if you don't already own one of RCR products, you'll get shot down for making a criticism of any of the other designs/products, like happens so much on the FFR forum....

It's just my personal opinion.

Benji,
The first rendering is the concept not the real car and the proportions are incorrect for the roof line as with all concept drawings its the conscious stream of thought and ideas that it creates that becomes reality...

Thanks for your input but I was not aware that I was taking a poll for design changes the car is actually already done.

nobody can tell you its not period correct

This is perhaps one of the things that appeals to me the most about the SL-C/APEX, I like unique but being 'unique' does not necessarily mean 'good'.

I like the fact that you've opted to allow V8's, you know how I just can't stand those fours....

Benji,
The first rendering is the concept not the real car and the proportions are incorrect for the roof line as with all concept drawings its the conscious stream of thought and ideas that it creates that becomes reality...

Okay, that's what I was thinking.

Thanks for your input but I was not aware that I was taking a poll for design changes the car is actually already done.

You weren't, as you said, it's just input ;)

What is up with both Apex and 818 using Toyota headlights? :)

I love Celica HLs! Nice choice!

As for the rest of the package, outstanding news! I can't wait to hear/see more details!

Hey Fran do you know what the price would be if we used all of your CNCed parts instead of the corvette parts?? I know the corvette parts are still good parts and the car would handle great with them but I like how the SL-C uses all in house parts for the suspension and pending price difference would like to do the same on the Apex. Cant wait to see the pics either, I have been dying to see the finished product and the subframes you made!!

Fran,
Will you offer instruction on how to prep the Eclipse cabin for an Apex build? The reason I ask, is I would like to pick up the Eclipse donor and prep\strip the cabin then order the Apex kit.
Your thoughts on Step 1 (donor prep), step 2 Apex kit delivery, and step 3 parts not supplied with Apex kit (suspension, drive train, etc.).

Doug, absolutely...there will be a video and the adhesive templates mentioned in the kit will provide the "cut here" guidelines....

that good. but would someone be able to get this info before ordering their APEX? so they can get the donor prestaged\ready?

any chance Superlite will offer the center cabin pre-cut? for addition cost?

Doug,
I don't think so as the templates/video will be part of the APEX kit

Cutting the cabin is not really difficult at all .
The cost of shipping your car here pre stripped as a non roller and then shipping it back again as a non roller would be very expensive ...probably more than the cost of the Eclipse itself.

No reason at all...as you will not be using anything Eclipse other then the shell and interior....
There are no manual LS4 OEM packages though FYI

OK Guys here is production spec on the Apex.

SNIP

The engine packages we will be supplying mounting for are the OEM Mitsubishi 4G63 that came in the Mitsubishi/Talon and the LS4 FWD V8 drivetrain found in the Impala SS and Grand Prix GXP models only.

English major here, looking out for the other V8 guys.

What does the word "only" refer to? The LS4 V8 transverse drivetrain was also used in the 2006-2007 Monte Carlo SS and the 2008-2009 Buick LaCrosse Super. Will these LS4 drivetrains not be supported in the Apex?

JR

We have not dealt with either of those packages or ECU's so have no experience with them....if someone is a pioneering sort then they may be suitable but as posted we are only supporting the Impala SS and GXP

No reason at all...as you will not be using anything Eclipse other then the shell and interior....
There are no manual LS4 OEM packages though FYI

Thanks for the head's up Fran. I would love a V8, but I would rather have a sharp stick in the eye than to have an automated sports car.

Mr. Wolfe

Back