Superlite GTA

there absolutely is a 6sp available for it right now. you can buy the new transmissions on ebay for about 500.

This statement from Merim, from few weeks ago, suggested that there is manual option for LS4.

But on a personal note, I can't wait to see you guys realize just how much faster 4g63 can be than LS4...

Thanks for the head's up Fran. I would love a V8, but I would rather have a sharp stick in the eye than to have an automated sports car.

Maybe somebody can put together a Manual LS4 conversion (F40, 4t65-HD...) since so many people building the APEX would be interested in this...like Mr Martin.

I did an LS4 to 01E adapter for a cutomer in Norway. I also do one for the other LS enignes to either the Audi or Porsche transaxles.

Eric Martin
A&E Automotive & Machining

I am very familiar with this Fiero project (I studied it in detail, when I was considering putting a LS4 into my Isuzu VehiCROSS). However this is NOT a trivial adaptation!

Merim made it sound like a no-brainer...

White only as the bonding seams to the cabin and its transitions mean that the overall project would benefit from being painted.

Is the seams you speak of easily hidden with some bondo? Also does the back part of the body come off to get to the engine? I know you said that the rear window hinges for engine access but curious about the body panel.

Seams will need to be blended in some areas such as the roof.

The engine installation and removal is via the removable subframe from below....per most new OEM

The rear of the car is permanently bonded to the cabin by design...

Seams will need to be blended in some areas such as the roof.

The engine installation and removal is via the removable subframe from below....per most new OEM

The rear of the car is permanently bonded to the cabin by design...

Thanks for the quick reply, good thing me and some buddies are going in on a lift together in my shop!!!

Merim made it sound like a no-brainer...

Fieroguru is the guy on ls1tech and he makes parts he sells, I would contact him if going the 6sp route. I've seen in person the fiero lt1 with the same 6sp, so not impossible, but will need some work too.

Intercooler type will greatly depend on how things are layout. Personally, I would prefer to avoid the air/water intercooler.

Fran, are you alocating space and airflow for an air/air intercooler?

Where will you place the radiator?

Intercooler type will greatly depend on how things are layout. Personally, I would prefer to avoid the air/water intercooler.

Fran, are you alocating space and airflow for an air/air intercooler?

Where will you place the radiator?

Why would prefer to avoid a water/air IC? The Underground Lambos and the venom GT all use them and they make well over 1,000whp.

Why would prefer to avoid a water/air IC? The Underground Lambos and the venom GT all use them and they make well over 1,000whp.

There is no doubt that water/air intercoolers work! But they have disadvantages:

-More weight (as much as 3-5 times the air/air IC)
-More complex - more things to go wrong (anything from water pumps going bad to water leaks).
-ICE!

Most people, who use these systems to set records, tend to “enhance” them with use of ice! That works OK for drag racing or "TX mile", at the cost of bag of ice ($2-3) per run. Though, this isn’t significant (you usually burn that much race gas per pass), I just do not like to depend on something else to make my car run at full potential (I never cared for N2O, ether).

The bag of ice technique is not practical for anything other than sub 60 second run (I suppose you could use it for autoxing, as well as drag racing). Without ice, these systems are not as efficient as air/air system!

But… sometimes you simply do not have the space for a properly sized air/air intercooler and you MUST use water/air. 1000hp air/air intercooler would have to be rather large, I can see it being very difficult to install on car like Lambo or Viper (originally not designed to have ANY intercoolers!).

Which is why I am asking Fran if he going to give air/air intercooler placement consideration, or just let us figure it out?

There are two large vents on the side of the car, two ducts on behind the doors on the side of the car and two large vents on the front of the car....so it all depends on how large of an IC you want and how much power ....I can give you the palette but I cant paint the picture...

Back