Superlite GTA

I'm in for spending less...I do however think you guys are oversimplifying making 400+ horsepower (reliably - meaning I want to actually drive my car, not fix it constantly). I wasn't planning on rebuilding the bottom end or tranny until they went down...but included in the build cost. I look forward to the build logs!!

hmmm some examples of JUST over 400...just saying

Making 403....
Bolt-on Modifications:
Aftermarket oil cooler, dual Fluidyne electric fans, Fluidyne radiator, 165 amp Load Boss alternator, grounding kit, DNP tubular manifold (heat coated), Forced Performance Red Turbo, Greddy Type S BOV, Tial wastegate, full 3" exhaust, 3" Aero Turbine muffler, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Aeromotive FPR, aftermarket fuel line,

Engine Management:
DSM Link, AEM wideband, Defi EGT, Defi Boost, Defi Fuel Pressure, GM MAF with MAF translator, Greddy turbo timer, Greddy boost controller

Engine Internals:
Fully built FFWD 2.3 stroker (6 bolt), Groden aluminum rods, Butcher crank, custom Ross pistons, o-ringed block, FFWD level 3.5 head, 1mm oversize stainless valves, MAD valve springs, titanium retainers, 850cc injectors, HKS 264/272 cams, Fidanza cam gears, Unorthodox underdrive pulley, Magnus intake manifold, heatshield intake gasket, removed balance shafts, polyurethane motor mount inserts, relocated oil filter, Amsoil severe duty racing oil

Drivetrain Modifications:
Completely rebuilt tranny with all new syncros, Quaife LSD, Raxles half shafts, custom ACT 2600 clutch, Fidanza lightweight flywheel, Taboo Racing steel clutch fork, stainless steel clutch line, extended clutch rod, Royal Purple Syncromesh

making 419...
Bolt-on Modifications:
HX 35 Holset Hybrid Slowboy Manifold Tial 38mm Wastegate Punishment Racing 02 Atmos. Housing PTE 680cc Injectors Walbro 255 Full custom 3" exhaust B&M Short Shifter Prothane Motor Mount Crushed 1g BOV Cometic Head Gasket ARP Head Studs 3.5" MAF Blitz DD Turbo Timer Godspeed FMIC Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator Stainless Clutch Line 4" Filter

Engine Management:
Innovate LC-1 Wideband TurboXS Dual Stage Boost Controller Summit Digital Water Temp Gauge MAF Translator DsmLink

Engine Internals:
Flowtech Performance Stage 2 Head BC 272 Cams

Drivetrain Modifications:
TRE Race Trans. Titan Motorsports Spec Stage 2 Clutch.

This is a PERFECT example of $5000 build that has $15k in it!!! (As I mentioned a few posts earlier!) I highly recommend avoiding this path of modifications!!!

I just wana see some glossy paint hopefully white with black accents ala 'Panda' homage to the ae-86 in initial d. lol i know kill me whatever i watch it i'm not afraid to say it out loud.

Eddie

I want to do a two tone, the raised up part of the front be black, have the black run up to the sides of the windshield. The lowered part of the hood against the windshield be the other color, then do black on the roof, and black down the center part of the rear hatch. The second color will probably be a dark metallic grey like on the evos.

Just thought that I would post this link for those wanting to change the look of the interior ECLIPSE 2G

Full carbon fiber dash and center consoles.

Also for those not familiar with the 4g63 motors. My current motor made 450hp @ 29psi on a GT35R. Stock 6 bolt shortblock with a built head and supporting mods.

Just thought that I would post this link for those wanting to change the look of the interior ECLIPSE 2G

Full carbon fiber dash and center consoles.

Also for those not familiar with the 4g63 motors. My current motor made 450hp @ 29psi on a GT35R. Stock 6 bolt shortblock with a built head and supporting mods.

Thanks for the link, so i can redo the cabin with new seats, carpet, and Carbon Fiber dash and center console. That will make the interior pretty nice.

I am switching to a Evo 9 Steering Wheel so that I can still have a airbag and also swapping my seats for S2000 AP2. Will post pictures of my interior when I am done.

I want to do a two tone, the raised up part of the front be black, have the black run up to the sides of the windshield. The lowered part of the hood against the windshield be the other color, then do black on the roof, and black down the center part of the rear hatch. The second color will probably be a dark metallic grey like on the evos.

Maybe something a little closer to this?

Mr. Wolfe

No way I can do this $40k or under. This may even be a stretch to get what I want. Does anyone see things I'm not accounting for/unrealistic costs?

Total 45,000

No doubt you could spend $40k (or more) if you are not carefull.

I think for most, car building is an exercise in cost vs value. This project seems to be a great swing at extending this principal upstream to the design phase of a kit/component car.

Sure, if you building a high end SLC or RCR-40, you probably are not worried too much about sourcing used doner parts to save a few bucks on the build.

But for the Apex concept, it seems (to me) to be all about maximum "Bang" for Minimum "Buck". Spend a little time looking for the right doner. Maybe one that already has a quality built/bolt on motor, and you are that much ahead of the game. Its Soooo easy to sink $4-$6k in a ground up motor build that you could never recoup on a resale.

Nobody said to go look for crappy used parts!! Plenty of decent used parts and components out there for these cars. Once you are sure what you want for your build, keep a daily watch on CL or eBay, and be ready to jump on deals.

A few years back I purchased a brand new saturn motor, still in the crate for $200 from a CL seller. This went into my son's DD and is still running, & getting 37mpg.

Finding great deals on parts is just part of the fun for me!!

how bout a white one with a black roof (a/b pillars as well) not sure how it flows into the actual rear, but in the rendering it looks like it would work.

There was a post upstream in the thread that stated: no airbags would be supported. I am sure that a mountain of red tape would be required for Fran to endorse, support, or assist with functional airbags in these cars. Having said that.... I don't see any reason why the airbag system could not be wired to 'work'. Just keep in mind there's a ton of engineering and physics involved in making airbags deploy safetly, and people can (and do) still get hurt by them. This sounds like a [proceed at your own risk] subject.

Back