Superlite GTA

You guys keep bringing my fellow New England Club DSM members (BTW, Matt just went 9.2 at the DSM shootout).

Perhaps I am bias, but I think that 4G63 has one of the best sounding four banger exhaust notes. This is especially true when you get aggressive cams. But a turbo has a lot to do with it.

I've only ever flown threw LA so I never left the airport but if I had a choice seeing the LA traffic I would say a tank... First choice would be to fly over it though!!

I want something unique though...the tank thing has been tried !! (unsuccesfully too I might add)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msPrOIAVUZo]Police In San Diego Pursue A Stolen Tank - YouTube[/ame]

You guys keep bringing my fellow New England Club DSM members (BTW, Matt just went 9.2 at the DSM shootout).
Any idea what cams he's running? I don't believe the build thread mentioned. 272s maybe?

Also, how's the day to day driveability with these aggressive cams?

HKS 272's are my favorite cams, but guys in the 9's go for more wild cams. Matt is running FP4rs (made by Force Performance). I wouldn't get those cams for a daily driver.

Some people say they can daily drive 280's but I wouldn't want to. Helps if you are bored and stroked.

I'm going with GSC S2's which I believe are 274's

Very! The vacuum is slightly less, but you can definitely live with it!

I know it's a different engine but I ran 272 cams in my 3000gt vr4 when I built the car. I didn't daily drive the car only because it was low miles and I have a company truck but I easily could have. Car idled steady at 1100 rpm and it still was very lopey. I had some young guy try to make fun of me at a stoplight out cruising one night, I heard him say to the girl in his car that I was sitting their revving the engine to sound cool... I took off fast and with my angled exhaust I shot out a nice little flame(more like huge 3 foot flame haha) next stop light he tried asking me what was done to it but I rolled my window up on him!! Haha

Pic up on facebook. Colour looks nice! Shame there isnt a RHD version for us Aussies!

1011495_618547651508855_1966663590_n.jpg

Nice to be back online with you all :laugh: I couldn't get my daily fix of apex info while the forum was down

So if I was to purchase a 2g eclipse gs, how easy would it be to drop in a 4g63t? What would be needed in terms of electronics, ecu, harness, etc?

Is it possible to easily convert an auto to a manual?

Last edited:
Nice to be back online with you all :laugh: I couldn't get my daily fix of apex info while the forum was down

So if I was to purchase a 2g eclipse gs, how easy would it be to drop in a 4g63t? What would be needed in terms of electronics, ecu, harness, etc?

Is it possible to easily convert an auto to a manual?

If you buy a GS shell go on a DSM forum and buy the engine, transmission, engine harness, and ECU that you want...

If you use GS/RS body donor, it doesn't matter if it 5sp or Auto, you will be junking all of those parts, anyway.

Exactly, you might be able to part the car out, I know with the 3000gt and stealths there is a market for the non turbo stuff but they don't sell for much... Those non turbo parts might be worth more in scrap metal..

If you use GS/RS body donor, it doesn't matter if it 5sp or Auto, you will be junking all of those parts, anyway.

Exactly, you might be able to part the car out, I know with the 3000gt and stealths there is a market for the non turbo stuff but they don't sell for much... Those non turbo parts might be worth more in scrap metal..

Back