Superlite GTA

If you buy a GS shell go on a DSM forum and buy the engine, transmission, engine harness, and ECU that you want...

A better deal might be to pick up someone's already modified turbo car with bad body (ether from rust or accident). Then get a cleanest/cheapest shell possible (pereferably from the south), which will probably be non-turbo.

LOL..... I've been waiting so long for this project that I filled my time with other projects just to contain my excitement. I started a 240z project, bought as a roller 4 months ago and just took first in class at my local AutoX, and just picked up 5 shifter karts in a fire sale that I'm going to flip for some cash...... Fran doesn't do anything Half-a$$ and I don't think he is going to rush this to production until it is to his specs and expectations in both look and performance. Gotta admit, it sure is fun to read all the bench racing specs, and awesome info. When Fran does release the Apex, I have no doubt it will be a stunner on and off the street and track. Now if I can just flip these karts fast enough, I can go out and pick up a clean donor..........

Yeah the suspense is killing me!! Dreaming up engine packages and looking for cheap rollers is keeping me busy enough though. I still check the thread for any new posts probably once every hour or two tho!

Fran,

Not sure if this has been discussed...I know coilovers has been mentioned (and that they are not included in the base kit) as an option - but are they a requirement based on the new frame? or can you run the OEM leafs as a budget option to start with?

God this forum has been dead....time for some pics!!
Y
More info on corvette leaf vs coilovers
C5/C6 Corvette Suspension Tech: Coilovers vs. Leafs - LSXTV

I know he said earlier in the thread that it won't use the leafs from the vette, even if you could though I wouldn't use them. The price for them can't be too bad, a set of tein coilovers are like 1600-1800 but you are only adding the coilovers in back.

tic, tic, tic, tic....... a watched timer never chimes. I should know better than to check back this often. see post #1362.... duh!

Agreed. A+ on product. Marketing could use some tweaking.

Yeah it's killing me too, I had to pass on two decent cars to pick up for a donor because I don't want to buy one for the sole purpose of this project and end up wasting my money because this car never sees production. Check here a couple times a day and then go to other forums to occupy my time haha

Guys
I am not showing vaporware...only what is really available and when I am happy with the package it will hit prime time

This kit is coming to market and it is a great package , if I were not concerned about the end product then I would be blasting the net with BS....which I am not as you may have noticed.

ref: photoshoot...not happy with some details so put on hold but it really damn close now.

Fran, honestly, I'm happy that you aren't rushing the apex to market. Im excited about this product and want you to have all the time you need to work your magic.

I'm part of numerous forums and in most all instances where a new product is previewed on the forum, people get antsy and upset when it takes months to enter into production. One time, it took over a year for a jeep snorkel to come to market. Considering you're designing a whole car in that same time period, I'd say you're doing a pretty damn good job.

Keep doing what you're doing and take pleasure in the fact that you've got grown men
more anxious than kids on Christmas morning, me included.

With that being said, I don't think any of us would complain if you posted a teaser image to hold us over :laugh:? Full painted body shot? Anything?

Last edited:
If you have a good 7 bolt, keep it until it ether crankwalks or throws a rod. To me, it doesn't make sense to rebuild one as a race engine. Parts will cost the same (or more) than 6 bolt parts, but it required more attention! And then it is still prone to crankwalking. So why risk it?

Core 6 bolt short block is only $100-$200!

I have built 2 and they were fine. And I did do my share of use and abuse with both but I always used synthetic oil and used the oem oil filters. No clue if it was the one with or without the check valve I just got it from mitsu whatever they gave me. The other 2g I had I built an individual crank main caps from an old 4g63 colt and put a dohc head on it with evo pistons. Fun car all 3 but none walked on me.

Back