Superlite GTA

The engine family choice also includes the use of a matching transaxle
It will actually reduce the cost of the drivetrain over the 4g63
There are multiple engines in the engine family from 4cyl an to v6 and turbos
Thus will also open up the choice of talon/ eclipse as the drivetrain will have no bearing on the choice of donor

Starting to sound VW/Porsche-ish

Did everyone see the introductory price???

Holy smokes. I just checked. Thy edited the post. Originally, it was the first 15 units at 15,9xx. The first 20 at 9xxx is a smoking deal.

Fran, what will the regular price be after the first 20 units?

Is the full price list available for the additional options like ISIS and diffuser etc? Also I realize the tail lights and exhaust aren't on and so you are not including straight photos from the rear. Besides the rear shot, I'd like a straight side view. Also photos of the sub frame/engine bay. Hard for me to make a prudent decision without seeing all the details. Otherwise I'd be in. Is this something that can be emailed/pm'd?

There wi be a full brochure posted on the superlitecars website very soon

As with all of our cars more options will become added as they become available

That's just mean Fran! I couldn't wait longer to stop commuting in my 15mpg Xterra and also to have something fun. I got my FR-S and I totally love it, but damn the Apex is looking amazing. The new power options are fantastic and had I known this was in the works a year ago, I may have held my breath.

As it is, at $10 or $13K for the kit, I may still have to figure out how to put off a few of the home improvements on the list to build a car.

Can we get some photos or further info on the under-the-skin details of how things are put together? One of the things that held me back as a first time builder was just that I had no idea what it looked like under the skin or how things mount or fit.

The color scheme is almost exactly my car:

great call on the vw hw, plenty of it available and I have a 1.8t turbo in my wife's beetle, lol. now i have a use for it. so, if i break it down:

1-eclipse middle section
2- vw/audi longitudal power train *assuming fwd only trans
3- isis for all internal electronics
4- ecu support? vag *needs immobilizer removed, and bunch of other stuff turned off
5- what does this get registered as? 2014 apex? does mileage of donor matter?
7- axles? supplied or custom ordered?
8- gauges, isis?

fun again :)

Fran, what do you think a "by the books" build would cost using a stock 1.8t and minus paint?

Just looking for a rough estimate since I now know the mits world well but not the vw...

Will there still be a option for a 4g63 powerplant? That's the one thing I was looking for since I already have a fully running built Eclipse waiting to converted to a Apex.

Complete passat cars are available for 1-1500
Suspension packages for 750-1500
Donor eclipse for cab and interior from 500
Kit 10-13
The rest is labour and your choice of options
At that point it's how long is a piece of string really

The drivetrain package we will be supporting is the vw

Back